Stiff neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiff neck?

Woke up with a stiff neck this morning. An MS thing? Or just how I slept?

It's hard to say. Maybe you did sleep wrong. My neck problems are a thing from ms. I know have lesions on my cervical spine.

Now my neck is always tight and stiff. My shoulders, too. If I sleep wrong, forget it! Know how people talk about the ms hug? That's how my neck sometimes feels in spasm. Very uncomfortable.

Comment

Hi Jer,

I have a stiff neck often during the day and do neck stretches to help ease the stiffness. However, since I have been on Baclofen the last 3 weeks, it has been better. It is spasticity in the neck just like a person with MS can get it in the feet, legs, back or arms.

I also have a lesion on my cervical spine so there could be a connection there.

P.S. Make sure your pillow is good. An unsupportive pillow (too thin or too firm) can make things much worse!
      Nikki

Comment

OMG

I am so glad l am not the only one.. I have changed pillows and sleeping positions far to many times..

I have a great pillow but still frequently have neck stiffness. For me it happens well after waking up..

I believe it's MS and not from sleeping wrong. I also have a frequent urge to crack my neck..

I have a lesion in my cervical spine as well.
        limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Stiff necks for past 40 years...
          Now, I can honestly say it is a MS thing. I have one and haven't lifted or done anything else to attribute it to.. except, Spasticity! fed

Comment

I just came on this site to see if anyone else suffered with this issue. Mine almost always come just before a migraine. I have been in PT for over a month and I don't think it has done much except to keep the headaches mainly at bay. I went in this morning with a really bad one and it went away after he did his magic pressure thing.
            Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
            ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Working...
            X