Terrible fatigue along with....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible fatigue along with....

Total feelings of I don't give a crap about anything and have no concentration to even read which I loved doing in past, drawing or painting. Even with my best friends I don't care about anything. This is a terrible disease that has sooo changed my personality.

Getting increased anxiety attacks and seems I hate everyone these days.

Ugh.....just want everyone to leave me alone or just be quiet!

I understand what you're saying. Many times I feel that way lately, but it comes and goes. I try to take advantage of the times that I feel better to stay in touch with friends. But, I have to admit, I'm actually more easygoing in my relationships because I don't care as much about what other people do and it's probably due to MS fatigue rather than "growth" on my part, haha.

Comment

Although not caring about anything could be related to fatigue, it may also be related to depression. Either of those can be treated. Please consider seeing your physician.

~ faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I would think it's more depression as not only have I been diagnosed with MS but also lung cancer, followed by surgery, chemo and my other half is deceased leaving me with a now 16 yo son.
        I also have had work cut my hours down to 24 weekly, no vacation and lost all benefits. I have hired an attorney as I am the only one this was done to.
        Think I am under stress?!! I cannot make ends meet and will need to move, maybe into a tent!
        Thanks for listening...
        Need to see my neuro who had called me back, and I am pissed big time with that. I had STD through work and put the call in to my neuro saying it was an emergency and I was losing this option, which I did. He didn't call me back.
        Grrr....

Comment

Originally posted by moz205 View Post
          Total feelings of I don't give a crap about anything and have no concentration to even read which I loved doing in past, drawing or painting. Even with my best friends I don't care about anything. This is a terrible disease that has sooo changed my personality.

Getting increased anxiety attacks and seems I hate everyone these days.

Ugh.....just want everyone to leave me alone or just be quiet!
          Yeah you pretty much describes how I feel too. I end up feeling bitter over things that in the past would have been so minor. I have even felt violent at times, when people agitate me my adrenaline seems to just start pumping out of my control. I'm able to restrain it but I have come seriously close to hitting people over a minor situation and have yelled at several. That isn't the "me" I know....

Comment

Yes Dale, it's definitely not the me that I once was. I would have let things run off my back. No more. I can snap in a second!
            I have said things that I probably shouldn't have at times, even to best friends. I go nowhere anymore. Weekends when I am off, I just stay in the house. Very rare for me to head outside.
            My job has really set me off and I hate what I used to love doing. This is because nobody has any empathy. I bent over backwards for over 30 yrs and all I got was a kick in the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by moz205 View Post
              Yes Dale, it's definitely not the me that I once was. I would have let things run off my back. No more. I can snap in a second!
              I have said things that I probably shouldn't have at times, even to best friends. I go nowhere anymore. Weekends when I am off, I just stay in the house. Very rare for me to head outside.
              My job has really set me off and I hate what I used to love doing. This is because nobody has any empathy. I bent over backwards for over 30 yrs and all I got was a kick in the pants.
              You are going through a lot right now, I can't imagin dealing with everything you are dealing with. Please stay strong though, as long as your still alive anything can happen so don't give up, tomorrow might somehow be better.

Unfortunately it is very hard to convey the "ms experiance" to non msers. I have told people before if there was a way they could experiance my symptoms for just ten minutes they would probably have suicidal thoughts two minutes in...

I guess what I'm saying is if those people that have cast you off really knew the level of suffering you were under it would probably be a different story. It was a stuggle for me to get my family to even halfway understand. I was very defensive towards them at first but after thinking about it I realized they are good people, they just don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale76 View Post
                You are going through a lot right now, I can't imagin dealing with everything you are dealing with. Please stay strong though, as long as your still alive anything can happen so don't give up, tomorrow might somehow be better.

Unfortunately it is very hard to convey the "ms experiance" to non msers. I have told people before if there was a way they could experiance my symptoms for just ten minutes they would probably have suicidal thoughts two minutes in...

I guess what I'm saying is if those people that have cast you off really knew the level of suffering you were under it would probably be a different story. It was a stuggle for me to get my family to even halfway understand. I was very defensive towards them at first but after thinking about it I realized they are good people, they just don't understand.
                Very few understand. Just got my check since they have dropped my hours..ugh, can't pay for crap on this. It's lower than what we would be allowed on ssdi and I am NOT collecting from that!!!
                *** am I gonna do? Trying to raise my son and this wouldn't even cover my rent alone.
                Time for warpath on someone. Will probably be some unforunate that gets in my way.

Comment

Fatigue

Yes it is I have extreme fatigue but my thyroid is out of wack and my vit D level is low so once I get that back normal I think I will feel better

Comment

People have said pseudobulbar effect but I don't get the laugh, I go complete opposite, lose my temper! So not sure if anyone else has that.

I can cry at some stupid things too and 2 mins later, burst into rage/kill mode. What the heck is that all about?

Comment

so happy to find this...

Here I am feeling all alone in my suffering. Glad to have found others who feel the same.

I have grown into a homebody and I used to be a go-getter. Super social, worked hard... now I leave my house two days a week - grocery shopping, random errands, maybe a social visit. It's the fatigue and it's depressing.

Getting my energy together to do some gentle yoga is an effort. Mental fatigue is brutal as well. Lately I feel like a wet noodle that moves from one chair to another. Social situations can be very depressing because the conversation is a drain to my energy.

Happy to find fellow MSers who understand.

Comment

thank you all

hi im so glad to have people say how i feel because most tim e i cant . my ppms is taking its tole . sometimes is tates everytjing just to breeth . l cant gettyup and go that got up and leftme long time ago the wet noodle feeling yes me to and i cant sees or feel a lot seems when they get me into a chair i melt in to it or they scoop me out . l wish i could get off this rollrecoster ride ive had my fill lolololol

Comment

Working...
                        X