I can't take this anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sissy View Post
    Does it matter that I'm in Texas and not Oklahoma?? I wish I was in OK and could claim my Cherokee Heritage !! ;-) That would be a dream come true!! I've been trying for ll types of things here. Not much luck. This PC is so messed up it takes forever to get anywhere.
    Oh sorry. I was looking at someone else's post when I saw Oklahoma.

In Fort Worth, your Human Services Office can be reached at 405-488-1300.
    Your NMSS Society can be reached at 855-372-1331.
    I found a number of different senior centers online; you could do a Google search or just look in your phone book to find the one closest to you.
    Or, churches might help.

I really do encourage you to sit down and make a list of some needs you have the others may be able to help you with and start making phone calls. Be sure to ask, if they can't help you, for referrals to other agencies they are aware of who maybe could.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Your state Aging and Disabilities Resource Center: https://www.disability.gov/resource/Oklahoma
      My state (WI) offers meals on wheels and ride share for groceries, doctors, pharmacy. Contacting a church for assistance...sometimes there are people willing to volunteer to clean for you...Checking into it cannot hurt or hinder you further.

Hugs. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by reaching View Post
        why are you my doc if youre not hearing my screams and cries.

I'm not saying you should change your neuro, but something needs to change cause it sounds like you may fall into a depressive state if you don't change something about your status. It's been a while since you posted your initial thread, so maybe you're doing better now. I hope you are. Take care. Stay strong.
        I agree. Sounds like you're depressed (I feel ya). Anyone would feel hopeless when feeling so sick and not being listened to. Remember, the Neurologist works for YOU- not the other way around. Call your local chapter and let someone know that you need someone to advocate for you... and ask about a new neurologist... recommendations.

Please post and let us know how you are doing. I hope that you feel less alone knowing that there are oh so many of us out here who have been, or are, feeling as you feel now. Be Well. Shalom, Suzanne
        You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X