SJOGRENS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJOGRENS

Went to Rheumatologist to express my concern about possible Lupus (having 8 of the 11 symptoms). She asked many questions, did an exam and is testing me MAINLY for Sjogrens. It TOO is an autoimmune disease.

I will come back and post symptoms of Sjogrens for anyone who thinks they may have it.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Possible Sjogrens

These autoimmune diseases are something else -- keep you guessing all the time. Here's my story (shortened to avoid excess napping).

Diagnosed with Lupus after at least a year of feeling sick and having dr. after dr. say I was just stressed out. About 5 years later had left sided weakness, which started 10 years of tests, etc. for possible MS in addition. Finally diagnosed in 2011.

The odd thing is my Rheum. says the highest titres in my blood work are for Sjogrens. She sent me to research hospital, SHANDS, and they said no eye dryness and only minimal mouth dryness. I'm not bothered by either and hope I can keep it that way. I really don't want an auto-immune trifecta.

Comment

I am sorry you are having such symptoms. Hope you get relief.

I have the antigens HLA B27 which is most common for lots of things. I do not meet the right testing results for Sjogren's but since I have had chronic dry eyes and severe lack of saliva, the first Rheumy started to treat me for secondary diagnosis of Sjorgens.

After she left, the next Rheumy would not treat me. But my primary still prescribes RX Restasis and Rx Pilocarpine for dry mouth. I could not make it without these meds. AND my ophl put in tear duct plugs to help my poor eyes.

Good luck in figuring this out. Let me know what you learn.

Hugs, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

grammy2 & jan,

Thank you for your replies. I go to my Rheumy on Tuesday to find out what all my blood work shows. Until then, I am not really stressed, just dang curious.

Comment

For those who think they too, may have Sjogrens, here is a list of symptoms. It is one I found on a web site discussing Sjogrens.

1. Neuro problems=brain fog
          2. Dry nose
          3. Dry mouth, mouth sores
          4. Dry skin
          5. Stomach upset
          6. Numbness tingling in extremities
          7. Arthrits, muscle pain
          8. Dry eyes
          9. Reccurent Bronchitis
          10. Abnormal Liver Function tests
          11. Vaginal dryness

Comment

Sjogren’s

I am also being tested for Sjogren’s. I think it is not uncommon to have autoimmune overlap. It certainly would explain some of my symptoms. I have found that eyes drops have been helping a lot.

Blessings to all of us in our journeys.

Pam
            RRMS diagnosed 2005
            Rebif 2005-2008
            Copaxone 2009-2014
            SPMS 2014

Comment

Rheumy does not think I have Sjogrens. HOWEVER, my neuro believes I may have autonomic dysreflexia. An MRI of my neck is being done and will help check if this could be true. After reading up on acute AD it seems it may cause many of the things I have been experiencing. I just wish a LABLE could be put on all this crap.

Comment

Fishead, Sjogren's is determined by symptoms, blood test for a certain antigen, and a positive lip test. I never had the lip test, but my first Rheumy stated I have secondary Sjogren's due to my chronic, sore, dry eyes, very dry mouth, ears.

To diagnose me with Dysautonomia, I had two days of testing, with positive tilt table testing, along with a sweat test and other kinds of testing in an Autonomic lab. I hardly sweat and failed two tilt table tests. I am not that bad, but bad enough. I have to take a beta blocker.

I just saw my MS neuro today and asked her if Autonomic symptoms are related to MS. She said it could be but its not for certain. hmm??

So what would an MRI of the neck show?

Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by mjan View Post
                  Fishead, Sjogren's is determined by symptoms, blood test for a certain antigen, and a positive lip test. I never had the lip test, but my first Rheumy stated I have secondary Sjogren's due to my chronic, sore, dry eyes, very dry mouth, ears.

To diagnose me with Dysautonomia, I had two days of testing, with positive tilt table testing, along with a sweat test and other kinds of testing in an Autonomic lab. I hardly sweat and failed two tilt table tests. I am not that bad, but bad enough. I have to take a beta blocker.

I just saw my MS neuro today and asked her if Autonomic symptoms are related to MS. She said it could be but its not for certain. hmm??

So what would an MRI of the neck show?

Jan
                  Lesions on that part of the spine? that is my guess...brainstorming here, wonder why the doc didn't say what he was looking for. Probably because they 'think' we can conjure up the markers by mentioning them?

Sure hope you post results, please? And sure hope you are doing better! fed

Comment

Working...
                  X