Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound like back spasticity to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like back spasticity to you?

I used to only have pain with my lower mid back when my legs gave me problems. When I had weakness and/or spasticity in my legs, it was certain to be followed by pain in my lower mid back. I've been working on strengthening my core muscles, but I find that I often wake up with the back pain regardless of any leg/walking issues. My PT agreed that it could definitely be spasticity in my back.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of spasticity? I can only get relief with things like: heating pad, muscle relaxant, stretching (sometimes) , and MAYBE Ibuprofen (rx strength). It's very frustrating, because I can't comfortably walk like this. Plus, it makes it harder to work on strengthening my core muscles when the stiffness and pain are really bad.

Years ago, I was given baclofen to treat the spasticity in my legs. It didn't work, and I was on such a high dose that I couldn't even turn over in bed at night; couldn't function well during the day. I have another muscle relaxant, but I can only take it when I know I'm going to lie down for awhile. It doesn't last through the whole night.

Does this sound like spasticity in the back to anyone else? I have had an MRI done of that area, as well as x-rays. Nothing out of the ordinary showed up.

It's interrupting .... life .....family time, etc. 😕

Proverbs 31 wannabe
    Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Sounds like it could be, I have extreme back pain but It did start out like how you are discribing. Laying down is the worst for me next to walking. I have no real advice, mine just keeps getting worse and I haven't found a way to stop it. I use MMJ for pain control and that is it, there is no drug strong enough to kill my pain but this takes the edge off better then anything.

Comment

Dale,
      I'm sorry to hear that nothing seems to take away the pain for you. I'm awake, right now, with back pain/tightness. I am using a heating pad and took 1/2 of a Tizanidine (muscle relaxant). I'm in a recliner, with a neck pillow; waiting and hoping for it to help.

What is MMJ?
      -Sherry

Proverbs 31 wannabe
      Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Comment

mmj=medical marijuana
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Oh, okay.
          Thanks hunterd!

Proverbs 31 wannabe

Comment

Hi Sherry,

It could be spasticity. Impaired nerves can do strange things.

I get the back stiffness and pain in the middle of my back and especially legs. I have a lesion on my cervical spine (back of neck) which contributes to the spasticity in my neck, back and legs, in addition to some other lesions in brain that I am sure contribute to this problem.

Nikki
            Nikki

Comment

Working...
            X