When do you take your Betaseron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you take your Betaseron?

I'm going to be starting sometime soon and was trying to figure out when to inject. When I was on Avonex I injected about 10 p.m., because I was told it was easier/better to try to sleep off the side effects. I have no idea about this med. Input needed please.
    Diagnosed December 20, 2011
    Avonex: February 10, 2012 - March 16, 2013
    Tysabri: June 28, 2013 - May 23, 2014
    Betaseron: August 15, 2014 - March 10, 2015
    Aubagio: June 18, 2015 - current

Hmmm...

Was this a dumb question, is that why no one has answered? Or is no one else stuck with taking this med?

Comment

Has no one ever had to take beta?

It's the only thing my new insurance company would approve. That's the only reason why I have to take it. Neuro tried to put me on gilenya, but they said no.

Comment

I take my injection at 9pm, as I work odd hours. So that works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jlk9498 View Post
          I take my injection at 9pm, as I work odd hours. So that works for me.
          Thank you so much for answering me!

Comment

I generally take mine about 7 pm. Or anytime after dinner, and before bed. I ALWAYS take ibuprofen with it, too.

Been on Betaseron for years.
            Jody - AKA Mac1ntosh

I love an Apple...computer that is!
            DX'99 - Started Betaseron April '05 - Quit Betaseron Sept. '15
            Started Gilenya Oct. '15

Comment

I took Beta for 4 years (just recently switched to Tecfidera). I took it at night, always with ibuprofen. I had flu-like side effects with Beta and wanted to try and sleep through the worst of it.

Good luck with it. I think it is a great med if you can tolerate it. I switched due to injection fatigue and running out of places to inject [too many knots developed on my tummy and thighs].

phoebe...

Comment

Thank you for replying.

I got trained today and now plan to inject before bed, like maybe 10 p.m.

Comment

late comer

guess I'm 6 months behind the times ...wondering how is it going now you've been on it for 6 months?
                  I 've been injecting for 20+ years and started at night so I could sleep through the many side effects. We didn't know about ibuprofen for side effects at the time but I started using it later...Now I rarely have side effects but I do have many lumps esp on my abdomen. Fortunately my daughter is a nurse and local and injects my hips for me, they don't seem to 'lump up'.

Hope your doing well LostCupcakes and Hello to fellow Beta Babes
                  Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Does anyone take Betaseron in the morning ?

I just saw this thread because I was looking to see if anyone took their Betaseron in the morning ?
                    I have always taken mine at night but there are times that I will skip a shot because of evening activities ----
                    If anyone takes it in the morning please let me know how that works for you and what your reactions are during the day (flu-like symptoms ??)
                    Thanks,
                    Golf Widow

Comment

Taking Betaseron

I have been taking Betaseron for about 21 years. Generally I take the shot during a 30 minute window between getting home from work and eating supper which means 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Usually I take one Tylenol tablet for possible side effects before injecting. Hang in there. The flu-like side effects can be nasty for several months but they can be handled with aspirin or any of the cheap over the counter pain medications that you can tolerate and they do reduce over time. Good luck.

bmarvinr

Comment

Working...
                      X