Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplements...

Hi Tara,

Was hoping you could comment on these two supplements given to me by my trainer / PT (also a nurse).

Co Q-10 (400 / gel cap)— antioxidant

Magnesium (350 / powder)— stress relief

Any comments from anyone would be appreciated. My trainer has been nothing other than a Godsend so I hope there is something to adding another pill.

Thanks,
    Jer

follow-up... Co Q-10, etc.

Tara....

just trying to bump this up.... with the hope for any info or comments... Thanks!

Jer

Comment

CoQ10 is certainly an excellent antioxidant.
      It is involved in the Krebs cycle helping to get ATP (energy) out of the cell.

I know the claims about MitQ as a 'mitochondrial-targeted' form of CoQ10...guess what? that's what CoQ10 does. So again maybe expensive hype.

Everyone is on at least 100mg/day
      I recommend 100mg 3x/day with meals.

Magnesium blood sugar metabolism, relaxes the muscles, involved in many cellular reactions, need more during stress....

I don't always start a patient with calcium- usually always start with some magnesium.

Magnesium salts; glycinate, malate, lactate, citrate

I use 200mg- 400mg; sometimes 2-4x/day.

Great before and after a workout.
      At bedtime for relaxation.
      Spasticity
      Heart issues; arrhythmias, tachycardia, high blood pressure
      Cramps

I can see why your trainer is recommending these supplements....
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thanks very much Tara! I have pretty high confidence in her (my trainer).

She also said to avoid the microwave. Use convection or the stove for all cooking.... Even boiling water (!).

And to use glass not aluminum for all purposes....

Your thoughts please, Thanks again in advance!

Jer

Comment

I have been waiting for your response on this one, Tara. As always, you are such a help.

I have to say that I have been experimenting with that expensive MitoQ for over three months now and I am going to agree that I, too, think it is hype. I am going to start what you recommend on that CoQ10. Thank you

Pkar2

Comment

Pkar2...sorry you didn't notice much with the mitQ; but it's just CoQ10...
            I highly recommend 300mg/day as a minimum/good dose. I take 200mg/day myself

STATINS (cholesterol lowering drugs): reduce the amount of CoQ10 in the muscle tissue.....the heart is a muscle......how can those be good for the heart?

Opinion and my prediction (I made 8 years ago) "they'll" say/admit-in 30 years "whoops, statins weren't a good idea"
            Just like hormone replacement therapy, Bis-phosponates (Fosomax), AZT........

502E79, glass, glass, glass; I keep everything in glass. And no microwaves.
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I do know that Coq10 is good for you that is why I tried the MitoQ.

300 mg of Coq10 a day. Got it. A lot less expensive and just as good. Thank you again, Tara.

Comment

Tara,

A Big Thank You for affirmation (re: CoQ10 and microwave NON-use)!

Jer

Comment

Working...
                X