Aubagio Related to 'Eye' Muscle Spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio Related to 'Eye' Muscle Spasms?

I can't decide if the spasms involve only the fine muscles around my eyes, or if my eyes are also involved.

It's constant on/off today, although I've noticed it more off than on for several days previously.

I'm not even sure if the eye spasms didn't start before Aubagio, but have gotten worse.

Anyone else?

For the time being, I'm going to cut back on late night reading with the hand held device, and 'puter screen time during the day and hope that improves the spasm feeling in my eyes.

Comment

The eye spasms are definately visible, and the feeling is 'off-putting'. I think wearing my contacts for a few hours daily, and reading, which I do constantly during the day, is contributing to the intensity and frequency.

Just don't know if it is Aubagio related, as the onset seemed to coincide with starting treatment.

Anyone else?

Comment

Eye Muscle Movement Disorder NOS

You may have an 'awake rapid multiple eye muscle movement' disorder - like me - i am legally blind now because of this.

I am typing this. jic. -you may have the same problem - if not, then ignore it. I just want to help..

I have at least 4 muscles in the back of both eyes - constant moving 24/7/365 - I have endured this for almost 3 years. The most dangerous time for me is at NIGHT while sleeping - because of the REM sleep stage - the eye muscles are already exhausted, and if your diaphragm muscles are weak, while sleeping, any stress will release stress response - cortisol etc while SLEEPING - Nitric Oxide fills up in chest, and you panic and go into more Nitric Oxide filling up... Feedback Loop - it is an unknown undiagnosed symptom that can be viewed with a OMG - (the irony of it ALL ) Ocular-Myelogram - I havce been trying to get an AWAKE OMG - they do SLEEP STUDIES using OMG's
        You are in a unique position - good luck - how to relieve the stress of eye movement - KEEP your eyes open only one-tenth - let ewye-lids flutter - wearnon-restrictive clothjing, inhale thru nnose, exhale thru mouth - slowly keep the eyes releaxed and some pain will go away.. I have many methods of relieving the SUFFERING from Pain events up at my Soundlick Man Site - forgive spelling - i just cannot see well enough and i am trying to write a bookd on how to help peeople with aooo's of disorders reduce SUFFERING.

I have some audio files up at:
        Soundclick/ search for GodsLightMusings

Contact me if you want some specif links TO MY SOUNDCLICK page - it is an audio blog - i rtyped them all in up here, only to be told that i had to have 5 posts - I am legally BLIND... jeez... I had to remove all of the relevant links - wasted my time and my EYE energy - I have a relief for the MS hug amongst many other disorders, g_d bless you all - love Susa

Comment

Susa

thank you so much for all the info you provided in your reply.

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is related to your dx, but I have done some google searches, with very few results, most over my head in terms of my ability to understand the medical terminology.

I know it took great effort for you to reply to my post. Again, thank you very much.

Comment

Believe I've figured this out....

I've had the A/C and 2 fans on full blast since the +90% temps hit a few weeks ago. Even with the a/c, the upstairs has been too hot, so using fans to circulate air more effeciently.

I think the constant circulating air, in combination with contact lens has caused excessively dry eyes, which induces eye spasms. In the past few weeks, I've actually had eye abrasions due to the dry eye and irritation from the contacts. Well, it's a theory anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X