MS as a sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS as a sport

If M.S. were a sport (especially on shown on TV), WHAT kind of sport would it be? What would people use the remote to pause and rewind?

I think it would be a GREAT "tripping" sport. People could pause the TV to see HOW the trip started, then how FAR the trip was.

THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO BE SILLY, GOOFY, and a place for all to let some frustration out WITH HUMOR.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

baseball

It's a lot like baseball.

Slow & almost boring...until it isn't. Lots of 'errors' & 'slides'. Half the players are on steroids. And statistics are all they have to predict performance.

Comment

Like football

We are the defensive line and it's our job to keep MS from getting a touch down!

Comment

Trying to get your pill bottles open without spilling them everywhere!

Comment

Talk about spilling, leaftree, how about a game of who can make the biggest mess? Spilling, dropping, breaking, exploding - at home or in the supermarket
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Now that I like Trevvian.

Comment

Who can shatter the most glassware in a day? Two points for each mug, one for each drinking glass and 10 points for a butter dish.

Comment

Trevvian,
                That was awesome!

Comment

I took this thread literally. My thought was wrestling or weight lifting. It takes so much energy to lift one leg in front of the other. Possibly walking a tightrope.

Comment

Originally posted by trevvian View Post
                    It's a lot like baseball.

Slow & almost boring...until it isn't. Lots of 'errors' & 'slides'. Half the players are on steroids. And statistics are all they have to predict performance.
                    Too funny!!! It's also like baseball because a few are on "the disabled list".

My personal MS sport is Olympic Stair Tobogganing. We have 4 floors in our house so it's a popular sport, I am the gold medalist. Pre 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, a taxi driver asked me how "I hurt my leg" (re my cane), I told him I injured myself in the Olympic trials.... and he believed me!

Jen

Jen
                    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

LOVE all the posts on this thread. Hopefully others will share their favorite MS-Sports
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

FOOTBALL!

lots of backing up, weird side to side movements, tripping, getting hit (not by players but walls, furniture, floors, etc), falling and of course, dropping and losing the ball!

plus the bruises and aches & pains that you can't account for!

and here i thought i was missing out on playing football - all this time i've still been in the game! LOL!!

thank God we can laugh at the MonSter!

God bless ya'll!
                        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Curling...

as in the Olympic sport. Seems to me there is an excruciating amount of energy exerted with painfully little effect.

Comment

How many thoughts

Can you drop in one conversation?? New contest?

Comment

Maybe not an actual Olympic sport, but MS is a Corn Maze.

Lots of getting lost, doubling back, frustration, and it's hot.
                              The constant quest to reroute around the lesions.

Stay lifted,
                              Mermaid
                              "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
                              X