Quoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoting

I know how to "quote" someone but if I just want a line or two of a longer post, how do I do that?

Originally posted by AnneLouise View Post
    I know how to "quote" someone but if I just want a line or two of a longer post, how do I do that?
    AnneLouise - what you do is Leave the [bracket QUOTE bracket] at the beginning then delete all the parts you don't want shown. At the end of the quote be sure to Leave the [bracket/QUOTE bracket] at the end.

Hope this helps. You can always play around with this and hit Preview Post to view and make changes before you submit. Someone else may have a better way of explaining this than I have?
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      hit Preview Post to view and make changes before you submit. Someone else may have a better way of explaining this than I have?
      Perfect explanation! Thanks much!

Comment

Thanks much!
        You did it! and you're welcome
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi AnneLouise,

You can also copy and paste the part of the post you'd like quote. That way you don't have to delete anything.

But, just make sure to add the word QUOTE (all capital letters) surrounded by brackets [ ] at the beginning of the pasted quote, and /QUOTE (a slash and the word) surrounded by brackets [ ] at the very end. Hope this makes sense.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
          X