Adderall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adderall

So I've tried amantadine, ALC/ALA, Nuvigil, and Provigil (which actually seemed like a miracle the first few days, but then the effects went away) with no success. My neuro already discussed with me that if the Provigil didn't work, he'd write me an rx for the Adderall.

I'm getting worried. I called the office today to see about getting the rx, and the guy on the phone said that Adderall is pretty much their last option. After nothing else has worked, I'm scared this won't either. Then what? Just keep suffering? I can't keep doing this. I wake up every day wishing that it was over. All I ever think about is that I can't wait to go back to bed. This isn't exactly the way I want to live my life. It's ridiculous.

I've known Adderall is a stimulant, but I never even thought to ask about its effects on the heart. To those of you who take it, does it ever cause your heart to race? I get palpitations every once in a while and it is actually pretty common that I feel like my heart skips a beat (went to a cardiologist a couple years ago, not bad enough to require treatment). Should I worry that it might make things worse? The only thing my neuro mentioned about the drug was that it may be habit forming, so pharmacies are really strict with the rx. The guy today didn't mention anything either.

Sorry I've been asking so many questions and complaining about things lately. Nobody in my real world gets me, and I feel like talking to the neuro about things is useless too since he can only see that I'm doing great
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Hello lstrl,

Adderall, as well as any stimulant can cause rapid heart beat, heart palpitations, shaking/tremors and many other symptoms.

Information and side effects for Adderall:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...s/a601234.html

However, everyone reacts differently to medications and listed side effects may or may not affect you. No way to know unless you try.

You may want to discuss your concerns and medical testing with the Dr. who would be prescribing the Adderall.

I have used almost all the medications prescribed for fatigue. Amantadine caused really bad hand tremors and Provigil, Adderall, Strattera, Focalin all caused an increase into my fatigue.

Unfortunately, my fatigue is not treatable with medications

After nothing else has worked, I'm scared this won't either. Then what?
    Your other options are supplements
    http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100794

Exercise, naps and learning to cope and deal with this symptom
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Don´t recall heart effects. It does cause a cotton-mouth to the nth degree. That means drinking more water than you usually do and that means more trips to the loo. I´m not sure it really did any good for me- only filled one of the 3 Rx. Hope it does something for you.

Comment

It helps me

I only get it twice a day but it helps for about 4 to 6 hours. I haven't had any side effects. without it I sleep 24/7 every day all day. so at least I get some wake time when im on it. But so you know I can take the strongest narcs by the handful and have no side effect. ive been on pain meds for years due to broken steel rods and screws in my back as well as ms. I hope this med helps you. I love it no side effects and I can hang out with boyfriend some.

Comment

I've been on a generic adderall for a few years and it works for me. I never really noticed an increased heart rate or any adverse side effects, but I'm only on 10 mg twice a day.

It works for me. It works differently than Provigil does, so you may have some benefit from it. It's not perfect though. I still have to force myself to be productive, but once I get started on something I can follow through. Right now as I type this, I feel really tired, but as soon as I get up and start doing something I'll start to "perk" up a little so I can get something done.

I hope it helps you!
          Lori
          Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

Working...
          X