First Dose of Aubagio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Dose of Aubagio...

yesterday at approx 11am. I was prepared for the worst, but by the end of the day, I think I was actually experiencing lessening of cognitive fog? maybe slight lift in mood? I'm not sure which or if a bit of both, but I liked it.

My only side effect was mild nausea that came in waves, and seemed to come and go when I was standing or sitting, so I spent most of the day couch surfing.

It's still a few hours before my second dose today. I'm trying to stay on this schedule since the first dose came off without a hitch. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the post!

Thank you for sharing! I just haven't seen any posts about Aubagio online, here or on any other site. Hope it goes well for you!

Comment

cmleatherwood...

I feel it's my duty to share sx and DMT med experiences with
      other MS'rs, and thanks for the encouragement and well wishes.

I don't know if you've read other post here about side effects/experiences with Aubagio, but there are a few postings, both positive and negative.

In general I avoid readint too much about DMTs or sx meds in an effort to avoid plecebo or 'bias' influence reading positive or negative experiences.

I have a long history of negative side effects/intolerence with many sx meds. I'm not very tolerent of stimulants for fatigue, meds for cognitive sx, tricyclic, serotonin, even Neurontin a med that's considered well tolerated with minimal side effects, bata blockers, sodium channel up-take inhibators/blocker-something or other, etc.

DMTs come with a variety of side effects, some that improve over time, some that don't improve, others that only get worse over time.

It may be worth while reading the Aubagio thread a bit more thoroughly, if you haven't already.

Are you currently on Aubagio or considering it?

Comment

Yes, there a quite a few posts in the Aubagio thread about our experiences. I tend to not have bad side effects from medicines and it held true for Aubagio. i started Jan 2013.

Comment

On Aubagio for 17 months

I have posted so much on Aubagio that I think I should get a thank you from the company. Just kidding. But I have had very good results. I lost some of my hair but have had no other side effects to speak of. I also have not had any flares or increased lesions since starting it. Just remember, everyone is different and responds differently.

Comment

Aubagio Day 5

I can't believe I'm feeling sooo much better since starting Aubagio. Each day seems to bring just a bit more improvement, what I believe is a mild lifting of Cognitive sx's that's accompanied by improved mood.

Either that or plecabo. Either way I'm very very happy with results after my 5th dose.

I was very unhappy about discontinuing Tysabri, so this result with Aubagio comes with a great deal of relief, and the unexpected surprise that I feel improvement.

Comment

Thanks for your post on Aubagio MSW1963. My Dr is changing me from Gilenya to Aubagio very soon. I'm hoping for minimal side effects.

Comment

Yesterday Dose 19

I'm having increasing bouts of GI problems, no pain but the dreaded diarrhea is increasing with each day.

It's going to be a very stressful day today, resolving some long outstanding family issues, also ate the worst possible dinner last night, which may be contributing to GI things. Apprehensive about dosing today, but I guess if this is the worst of it, I'll figure out a way to manage.

Comment

Day 42

I'm dosing at 2pm and it seems to be working out, most days with not exactly normal but very close to normal GI sx's, then an odd day when GI sx's are very mild and managable.

I think the afternoon dosing avoids complications with my must have, can't start a day without, morning coffee. Also by mid-day I've eaten a meal. Avoiding dosing on an empty stomach may be helping also.

Good luck to everyone

Comment

Good news, MS1963.

I'm on day 15-16 and still have very few side effects. Actually, since I'm so recently off of Gilenya, some of my side effects may be do to that med. I also take Aubagio in the afternoon or late afternoon. Later than that seems to contribute to my insomnia. Overall, I'm happy with the medication.

Comment

I may be joining the club. On Ty, still JCV- but keep getting bad respiratory infections, so in the last 10 months, have missed 4 infusions. See neuro end of month and will discuss options.

I hope Aubagio is still working out for you. Any updates on your own health or from the study? I hope you are continuing to do well.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Everything was going fairly uneventfull until I missed dosing on 9/7. I have been feeling pretty awful for the past few days since the missed dose, with mornings being the worst. Afternoons after dosing and eating, things settle down. I'm hoping this passes very soon, if not I'm calling the neuro.

My last Ty infusion was in July so I'm hoping the skipped dose did not tip the scales leading to rebound. That seems a remote possibility but I'm feeling just awful, I just don't know.

pennstater, sorry to hear about the respiratory infections. Let us know about any changes in your DMD treatment. BTW, I did not qualify for the Aubagio study

Comment

I'm in

I took my 2nd dose of A today. I haven't noticed any effects at all. It's my first MS med. I'm hoping for good results.
                          Does anyone have any updates they'd be willing to share?
                          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

switch to aubagio

Hi everyone, what is the main reason your neuro switched you to aubagio from tysabri. Our son has been on ty for 4 years and still JCV negative but his neuro wants him to switch to aubagio....we don't know what to do

Comment

My Neuro switched me since he thought it was a good option for me after 3 years on Tysabri.

Also due to reduced cost and convenience based on my insurance plan and monthly infusion center travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X