Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen

Hi everyone. I just got a script to start Baclofen to help with my spasicity. It's 10mg and I was instructed to start with 1/2 pill 3 times a day and increase from there depending on how I do.

I have read through the drug information of course, but I would like to know how people have done on this treatment.

Did it work?
    Major side effects? that kind of information.

So if you are on it, or have been on it, please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Not for me

I took it for awhile and had an alleric reaction to it. They upped my dosage of neurontin which has helped off and on. Besides spasticity I suffer from RRL syndrome. Give it a try and you'll know if its for you.

Best of luck...
    SusieQ

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Sorry for all you are going through. But I could not live without my Baclofen. I only take 10mg 3-4 times a day.
      I cannot take more although I need to, because I am very sensitive to meds and end up falling.

But even though I am usually very sensitive I have little to no side effects except a little drowsiness. It helps a lot.

Good luck! Let us know how you are doing ok?

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I've been on Baclofen for about a decade and take 20mg every 5-6 hours for a total of 80mg daily.

As I understand, the half-life of Baclofen is two hours so by six hours it's efficacy has worn off, which has been my experience.

You may want to take a magnesium, calcium and potassium supplement too as they can benefit nerve conduction and muscle contraction.

In particular, I recommend Calcium 2AEP as there were past studies in Germany showing it slowed MS disease progression.

Google: calcium 2aep multiple sclerosis

Long-term observation of Ca-AEP’s effects on more than 2,000 MS patients revealed a host of additional benefits. MS patients receiving Ca-AEP showed less signs of aging in their outward appearance, increased tissue elasticity and skeletal firmness and a marked absence of osteoporosis. Second to the destruction of the myelin sheath of the nerve fibers, MS patients are especially at risk of kidney infection due to insufficient membrane polarization at the cellular level.

While formerly one-third of all MS patients died due to lost nerve functions, one-third from increased tendency to bone fractures, and the last one-third from kidney failure, only two patients out of 2,200 treated with Ca-AEP suffered from these problems. Unusual bone fractures and problems with kidney functions were not observed at all.

Comment

I have been taking Baclofen 10mg 2 x day and was wondering if it depletes any minerals out of your system?

My spasms seem to be on the increase and I am wondering if I am suffering from low potassium, magnesium and calcium.
          STR

Comment

Hi Kaitar,

I just started taking baclofen two days ago (10 mg) at night for leg spasticity because it has felt worse lately; It seems to be already helping. Today it did not hurt as much to stand up or walk around. The last time I tried baclofen was earlier this year and it made my legs feel real loose and wobbly but this time I have not had that problem at all.

Hope it helps you! Nikki
            Nikki

Comment

Working...
            X