Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lactose intolerance

Hey folks!

Just this past week I have developed a lactose issue.

Never in my life have I ever been lactose intolerant - but all of sudden I have been sick and only right after eating/drinking anything dairy based.

Can MS cause this weird little flare? Has anyone else had this issue?

TIA!

dairy allergy

Wow, I thought it was just me. I don't think I have lactose intolerance but definitely allergic to dairy. I get a horrible, 3-day sinus headache if I ingest any dairy product. Reading up on it, I saw that it may be the milk protein that is affecting me. Whatever it is, I have been off dairy for the past year. Most people tell me they couldn't give up dairy but I tell them that if they experienced the headaches I did, they'd stop.

You may just have to go dairy-free. I drink almond milk, use Smart Balance Buttery Spread, and read the ingredients of absolutely everything. Waiters/waitresses are usually really good about my dietary needs when I eat out. It's not easy but knowing I won't have those terrible headaches is a blessing.

Let me know what you learn. My allergy seemed to come up when I moved from dry Nevada to humid Kansas.

Good luck, you may want to get an allergy test.

Alison

Comment

I get sharp stomach cramps, bloating and bad gas from milk and milk based products. Started as a child, got worse in my mid 30's. Pretty sure it's classic lactose intolerance, but never formally diagnosed.

Not sure if this can be a neuro issue. I tend to also run things by my internist as I think she's good, and I don't want to assume everything is ms.

Comment

hi

my niece is also experiencing lactose intolerance form milk and her Pedia suggest other Formula milk.

Comment

Working...
        X