The end of Aubagio for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Aubagio for me

Only after 3 Aubagio pills, I'm stopping it. This is too brutal. There must be something out there that doesn't do this - nausea, diarrhea, monster headache, some blurry vision, breathing problems, loss of appetite just to name a few starting at pill one and getting worse as the days went on.

There must be something out there that's better.

will I have to do the flushing out process

I wonder after just taking those 3 pills will I have to do that flushing out to get it out of my system?

Comment

I don't know whether you need flushing out.

I endured the exact same side effects as you, for a few months, but then my hair started to fall out, and that was it for me. I threw in the towel.

I took a single experimental Aubagio the other day, just to see whether I'd been imagining the headaches, pain and nausea.

Nope.

Comment

emily06 and Thinkimjob, I'm sorry Aubagio didn't work out for you guys. Keeping my fingers crossed it works for me.

I will never, ever again continue taking meds that make me feel sick, in addition to day to day, full time MS sx.

I've done it with sx meds for many, many months early in my dx with full time MS. Lots of side effects with Copaxone for +3yrs, and never ever again.

I will start Aubagio mid July, and I'm willing to give it 30-60 days. But if I haven't overcome side effects, or if I'm feeling worse, no thank you.

emily06, I may eat my words 'willing to give it 30-60 days' if my Aubagio experience is anything like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
          I wonder after just taking those 3 pills will I have to do that flushing out to get it out of my system?
          FWIW, I took Aubagio for 3 weeks and quit due to horrendous diarrhea. My neuro switched me right over to Copaxone (which I had been on years before) and never mentioned "flushing out," so I never asked. If there is some problem with not "flushing out," I haven't seen it.

A little soreness at injection sites with Copaxone - I can live with that. I cannot/will not live in the bathroom 24/7.

Comment

Now can't talk

Even though it's been 2 days since I stopped Aubagio, now I can't speak. The past two days I had coughing and a slight fever 99.5 but today I can't speak. How frustrating! I'm a quiet person and really don't talk alot but this is drying me nuts not having any words come out. I was quick to blame an allergy to Aubagio but my brother says it has nothing to do with that. There is a virus that does that to some people some time.

anyone else on or just off Aubagio not being able to speak! Or any other thoughts.

Comment

Working...
            X