need some advice about handicap vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxi View Post
    I am looking for some advice. I would love what I call "independent mobility". I use a walker which is fine for short distances although it is a bit tough for me to get in and out of the trunk of my car. The walker is about 11 pounds so don't think I could lift anything heavier.

I know that soon, if not now, I will need a motorized scooter. Is it possible that a scooter can fit in the trunk of a car (a BMW 5 series)? I really don't want an accessible van. Is there a scooter that breaks down into sections that can fit into a large trunk and is not too heavy? Am I just dreaming here and hoping for something that is not invented yet?

Thanks everyone and feel well. Appreciate your advice.
    Yes, there is. I have a GOGO Ultra and it breaks down to fit in a trunk.
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Scooters-WC that fit in trunk

I have a Golden Technologies PTC portable wheelchair, which also breaks down into pieces and can fit in the trunk. I like the WC better than scooters, because the turner radius is much smaller. It makes getting into bathrooms, restaurants, dressing rooms, etc., much, much easier. I had a Go Go Elite scooter, but we sold it and bought the WC.

As a warning, however, I couldn't take apart either the WC or the scooter and put the pieces in the trunk. Some of the pieces separately still weigh in the 30-35 lb range and I lack the balance to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kat View Post
        New mobility van is awesome. MV-1. Wow
        I know topics is little bit old but there are new MV-1 vans that are actually 2014 models but they are like 2-8 on mileage. On sale $39,890.

Comment

foldable scooters

yes! there's the go-go elite traveler, 3 wheeler that breaks down into 3 parts- base, wheels, battery. fits into any trunk really and a gas to use!

Comment

Working...
          X