Electrical sensations in my neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical sensations in my neck

Do any of you get electrical sensations in your neck? Its not Lhermittes.. Ive been getting them on and off for the past week and my symptoms are getting worse(Tightness/tingle/numbness on hands and legs). They hit me right on my C4 and C5 on my vertebrae. They only happen for a few seconds but they come and go throughout the day. They are starting to become a bit painful. Any help would be amazing!

Sorry to hear that Brian. I have what I call "zapping" sensations often. I have cervical lesions and herniated discs, so I'm sure that's part of the cause.

I've always had some kind of numbness or tingling in any given part of my body....I thought it just came with the diagnosis.

I hope it stops for you, it can be very annoying.
    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
    Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
    Estriol 9/12-present
    Still Hopeful.

Comment

Zapping sensations

When I was 3 months pregnant I developed a zapping/electrical sensation in my neck. Everyone ignored me--what were they going to do?

By my 5th month the zapping had progressed every 3-5 minutes. I could feel when they were coming on because I would get a numb/cold feeling in the middle of my back. Then the left part of my lips would go numb and then ZAP, an electrical shock shot down my left arm and leg.

Those zaps left me paralyzed in place for several minutes. Much like a stun gun--I literally could not move! I ended up in the ER and the neuro on call prescribed Tegretol for the rest of my pregnancy. I had to keep upping the dose to cover the zaps.

I think because I was pregnant the neuro/ob each dropped the ball. After several months it all subsided. Not gonna lie--I went to a chiro.

My regret is that I never had an MRI or steroids. I was pregnant what to do with me?

It has been 15 years, am now on disability and my left side is paralyzed. I have some pretty nasty spinal lesions. My advice--call your doctor! And question a spinal MRI.

Jackie

Comment

Yeah its definitely annoying! My zapping sensations cause a slight electric stabbing pain only in my neck. I do not feel the pain traveling down my arm or legs (yet).

I had a brain and thoracic MRI done 3 months ago and the lesions on my brain were disappearing, but my C4 and C5 vertebrae on my neck were getting pounded(Thats whats happening now). My doctor was wondering how I was walking so well. Based off of where the lesions were on the MRI, I knew that these electric sensations I was getting in my neck were caused by my WBC attacking nerve tissue.

Do you know of any meds or natural treatments that may protect the neck and spinal nerves?

Im taking Gilenya right now and it seems to be working well for my brain, but not my spine.

Ive only been dx since 2010 and my symptoms have gradually increased over time, but I haven't experienced a lot of pain yet, just a lot of numbness from my feet up to my chest (feels like when my hand falls asleep and then starts to regain circulation again[pins and needles]Feels like a python is wrapped around my entire body. This symptom stays and does not go away.) I maintain a very healthy diet and exercise as much as I can. I'm just wondering if neuropathic pain is up for me next. Hopefully not! We are all in this together....

Comment

I had a flare a few years ago that caused the left side of my face/head to go completely numb... steroids didn't help, so i waited it out, after abut 6 weeks it started to go away

But ever since them i get the occasional little shock or zap on the left side of my face (even the roof of my mouth), really hard to explain to people. Luckily very mild, but increased frequency over time.

Comment

Working...
          X