Recursive chaos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recursive chaos

This is the worst. I start panicking and then I get these physical sensations that freak me out even more. My forearms are burning. Sometimes it's my chest. It's that burning/freezing sensation. And there go the feet. It's so strange! More xanax. I've always been good about not overdoing but I'm using it more and more. I'm hating all of this sooo much right now.

Does anyone get these loops? It's the worst!

Effexor during the day. Elavil at bedtime. Helps me with anxiety/insomnia
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Thanks. I just added effexor to my 'cocktail'. Doubt it's causing the panic though. Some crazy business going.

Comment

Whoa whoa. Pretty sure you can't just pick it up. Rx only

If you start it you can't miss a day. It's pretty addictive. Not in the way you'll want more, it just has a special withdrawal with its own special name: discontinuation syndrome

Talk about it with your GP. It does really work well in my personal experience.

Good luck!

Comment

My bad. Incomplete sentences. I meant my pdoc recently added effexor to my mix of lamictal, welbutrin, xanax. We all react differently to these things so the panic could be from this recent addition but I think it's more likely situational.

Time for some more zencasts.

Comment

Ativan helps me.

Susie Q
            Best of luck!

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

For me it went sertraline (Zoloft), then lorazepam (Ativan) but that only worked for 3 nights, then melatonin, then amitriptilyne (elavil) which helped a little. Now it's Effexor AND elavile.

40mg elavile, 75 Effexor

It's working. I think upping the Effexor would do it.

I've had anxiety/insomnia for ~13 years. Only thing that worked was zopiclone (Imovane) but it gave me stomach problems. The MS and my current living conditions have really exacerbated it all

Fingers crossed on a full night's sleep!

Comment

Of course talk to your doctor about all of this, but finding a med that works for you is super important. I had extreme anxiety for a few years and hated the idea of taking meds. Would take ativan once in awhile when it got too much but it took finding a low dose of an antidepressant and taking it regularly that finally helped. I havent needed the ativan in a couple of years now and just take the effexor at a low dose everyday. If I need more in time, I would increase it.

I also changed a lot of things in my life such as diet, regular exercise and meditation and yoga. Medications are not magic and dont work on their own if nothing in our circumstances changes.

All the best to you in your journey of figuring it all out. That can be the most frustrating part but you will do it.

Krystine
                Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
                "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Comment

Working...
                X