Right thigh pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right thigh pain

I am having really bad pain to the front of my right thigh. The ER doctor said that it is from my MS. My Neurologist says that it is most likely from my lower back. The pain is to localized to be from the MS. Has anybody had pain like this.

I have but mine is from the many multiple charlie horses I have. Some times a heating pad helps to relax the muscles. Hope you feel better.

Susie Q

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Pain in right thigh

I, too, have pain in center of my upper right thigh. It's about the size of my palm. At its worst, it burns yet is numb to touch, and actually feels like my skin is tearing when I move. A lidocaine patch helps a little. Eventually, the pain and burning subside until it's just tender and slightly numb...until the next time it flares up. I've just assumed that it's MS related. I can't offer you any relief, but at least now you don't think you're crazy;-)

Take care,
      Claysmeme

Comment

Originally posted by shiloh59 View Post
        I am having really bad pain to the front of my right thigh. The ER doctor said that it is from my MS. My Neurologist says that it is most likely from my lower back. The pain is to localized to be from the MS. Has anybody had pain like this.
        I recently was having hip and thigh pain. I have a baclofen pump, so I had the dosage upped, no relief. I also take Amytriptilene and that did nothing. So my neuro delved a little deeper, did some x-rays (I had recently taken a hard fall) but nothing showed up, said we'd do an MRI but to first try PT first I have a great PT and after a thorough exam, he felt the pain was from bursitis of the hip. It can refer pain into your thigh. That was the problem. I'd trust your neuro when he says it might be lower back. Maybe he'd do some imaging of your lower back.

Not everything is MS and I was pretty sure this symptom wasn't MS because it just didn't feel like it. A PT referral might help you determine what the issue is.

Hope you get some relief.

Comment

Yes, I frequently have a bad aching pain in the center of my thigh! MS related.
          MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

It sounds like spasticity /ms related.
            Have you tried a heat pad? I have found heat and squeezing/applying pressure (not rubbing) until the muscle softens helps.
            Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X