Neurontin (Gabapentin) dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin (Gabapentin) dosage

What dosage are people on for nerve pain? How many times a day?

Hi there!

I sometimes take 1800-2400. Sometimes it helps and then other times it doesn't. It helps at night with my RLS. I don't take it all at once.I usually take 300mgs in the morning, 300mgs in afternoon and however my night is going larger doses. It does help some.

Best of luck!
    Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I take 300 mg at night. If I take it during the day, I have trouble focusing at work. The nightly dose helps me get sufficient sleep usually. Sometimes I have to take Diazepam too.
      Portia

Comment

I take a total of 2400 a day.

600 in the morning, 900 late afternoon and then 900 at bedtime.

Comment

Gabapentin dosage

I'm taking it (and ropinarole) for restless leg too, but now that spasticity is a problem, I find it works for that too. I take a 300 mg pill, nine of them each day. Mostly at bedtime, but as I said, I now take one a few times earlier in the day when my legs stiffen up from spasticity.

Comment

I take 100 in morning and afternoon, 300 at night. My neurologist wants me in more (200-200-500) but my spasms and restless legs are mostly manageable which is all I want. I take so many meds (14 a day plus injection every other day) that if I don't have to add more I don't. It definitely takes the edge off most days.

Comment

400 3x then 800 at bedtime, so 2000 mgs/daily. It has been a life-saver drug for me: pain and burning are a dull or simply annoying mutter instead of an all-consuming torment....yay science! Sometimes I have gone up to 3600/day but that does make me a bit loopy so I taper down ASAP.
              RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

I only take 300 mg at night. My daytime tingles are just a minor annoyance, but they used to keep me up at night. The small dose of Gabapentin is just enough to help me sleep. It makes me pretty groggy, so I'd rather just deal with the daytime tingles than be out of it all day. I still have a lot of spasticity during the day, but I just started on Baclofen so we'll see how that works.

Comment

I take 600mg 3 x a day. Total 1800 mg.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

I take just under 2400 a day. Been on this dosage for awhile and think we may need to increase. But the dr doesnt want to. Grrr.

Comment

sherp

I take 600mg at night. I think it affects my speech not in a good way it is called gralise. It does help the back pain at night and in bed.

Comment

Same symptoms

I've been taking Gabapentin for years. I'm up to 600mg, 2 tabs 3X a day. 3600mg a day. Had been adding a third tab at night during the winter months when I'm not that active. My doc tells me that is the limit. What's next ?? It sure helps everything.

Comment

I start taking 100 mg at noon, 2, 4, 6, and 8 then a mega dose of 1200 mg at bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                          X