Those of you on Aubagio - did you get a 30 day or 90 day supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you on Aubagio - did you get a 30 day or 90 day supply

I had to leave work back in 1995 due to my MS. So my insurance is the dreadful Medicare with Medicare Part D for drugs. SO the Aubagio is costing me a fortune ($1900.00). 1 to 1 found a foundation to help me with a small part of it (but that still screws up my drug insurance coverage putting me in the doughnut hole quickly meaning all my other non-MS drugs I will have to pay for out of pocket).

Do you get a 30 day supply at a time (or I guess that's a 28 day supply due to Aubagio packaging) or do you get a 90 days supply at a time?

I can only get one 28 day supply at a time. My pharmacy has been very strict about it.

Comment

Cost changes every day - with my insurance

And the price is not determined until the prescription is filled. Now just doing a test check at 3 different preferred pharmacies of my Pt. D drug plan I see that the pharmacy that I have it set to fill with is not the cheapest. And since my dr. hasn't filled out all the necessary paperwork I think there is time to change. But again these aren't exact costs at this point.

Comment

Financial assitance

I seem to be very fortunate. I am on Humana Medicare and working with 1 on 1 plus my neuro. my Aubagio is costing my nothing. Plus Humana Medicare Gold plan has a zero co-pay also. You may want to check that out. I live in SC, not sure if it's the same in all states.

Comment

28 day

28 day supply seems to be the norm. That's all they will release.

Comment

That's great for you!

That's how I thought it would be for everyone listening to the local Genzyme rep. Boy is he wrong.
            I have the original medicare with a Part D drug plan with Humana. I have 0 co-pay for my mail order pharmacy but it doesn't cover the Aubagio. It's a Tier 5 with my insurance. And we're not able to switch plans during the year.

Comment

Who is your mail plan proovider?

RightSource is mine. It's a tier 5 for my plan also. They put me onto the Specialty Pharmacy network.

Comment

More importantly

how are you doing on Aubagio Technogay?

Comment

Aubagio status

I've been on Aubagio for a little more than a year. The first 3-4 months were really awful. Neausua, dizziness,headaches, diarrhea, etc. Had to stop for 2 weeks. My neuro then tried his own "titration" routine. 7 mgs for 5 days, then 14 mg every other day for 7 days, then 14 mgs everday. He also has me taking it at lunch time after I eat. If I feel any intestinal issues, I take a Pepto Bismal tablet. So far it seems ok. Having some issues with my feet, numbness, phantom swelling, tingling. Had a Nerve Conducive test and diag. with Neuropathy. Gabapentin (300mgs 3xday).
                  I have issues with blurred vision which I had prior to Aubagio but, it seems to increased. Went to a Neurological Ophthalmologist, he found no correlation.
                  The real issue is that I am getting the drug for zero co-pay. I hate that finance is causing be to determine which MS med to take. The phrase between a rock and a hard place keeps running by life.

Comment

I get a 3 month supply thru CVS/Caremark Specialty Pharmacy via mail, also get the Aubagio copay assistance since my employer provided coverage copay is higher than their max.

Comment

Working...
                    X