All over pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All over pain

Does anyone else have all over pain? The best I can describe it is like the worse flu ever...

Basically everything hurts, brain fog is horrific - don't even think about trying to move.

If you do go to move, hang on to something because balance issues will be joining the party.

Is this recent enough, sudden enough that it could be a flare and treatable with steroids?

I have had nerve pain covering my entire skin on my body. Now it is more patchy and gabapentin helps me cope.

I also get muscle spasms that are really painful, but thankfully they leave.

If this is new, I would call my doctor asap. If not new, I would still make an appointment and ask for help.

Comment

Sadly it isn't new, and it's daily. I take gabapentin with lortab - have to take together, separately they do nothing. They have always taken at least 30 minutes to kick in and used to work for nearly 6 hours but now take nearly an hour and wear off closer to 4. Now I'm taking the gaba/lortab with an 8 advil chaser to help

I just haven't heard from anyone else who has these symptoms. I have a lot of the other "classic" symptoms too, I just haven't heard anyone else with this all over pain to share tips.

My next appt is 6/18. My doc assist I usually see has moved away so now I have to see the actual doc - who I don't like. I have to wait up to 5-6 hours to see him, then he rushes me off after 5 minutes and blows me off when I try to discuss anything with my meds!! That's another thread! But I have a game plan in place this time that I hope will work. It won't be pretty, but I hope it's effective!

Comment

Sorry for this late response, but I have it too. In my case it is caused by chronic infections, caused by a central nervous system dysfunction, caused by MS. It means I can't stand cold, which infects all my muscles, tendons and joints. I have been advised to move to a better climate.

I have no painkillers that work, no anti-inflammatory that I can stand, I'm either allergic, or have too many side-effects, so I have to bare it. I use curcumin, which works OK. I dress in layers, stay indoors as much as I can, take hot baths, use a hot bottle on the sorest spots.

How did your visit go?

Comment

Working...
        X