Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS + Ty + antidepressants. Are they exacerbating? Does it stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS + Ty + antidepressants. Are they exacerbating? Does it stop?

Am I depressed? Probably but I have a history of that.

When I was a teen I became depressed and started with Paxil then Zoloft. Insomnia coincided.
    I've now been an insomniac for 13+ years. The fatigue of Ty and MS work against me. I have to close my eyes, so tired, and fall asleep for 10ish minutes and can't sleep until the next morning.

The only med that has ever worked is zopiclone, it's psychotropic, but now my gp wants to avoid it since I need help so he tried Zoloft and it gave me some weird side effects that didn't happen when I was a teen.

Blah blah, I'll get to it
    Tried elavil, some help. Now I'm also on Effexor. I take melatonin too.

The elavile made me dizzier, vertigo has never left since it happened. Ty made it better.
    Effexor added to the dizziness. Still not as bad as when it was at its worst.
    My thighs are weak and shakey. My left hand is weak and shaky.

So I'm dizzier, shakier, weaker than my new Ty normal. These meds are exacerbating the symptoms right? Does my body get used to it?
    I'm supposed to double the Effexor on Tuesday.

I don't like how I feel on this serotonin inhibitor. I'm emotionally numb, just some sadness. But I'm sleeping.

I don't know what to do. All the sx that went way down are flaring up. But I can sleep.
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Forgot to update. This lasted 4 days. I'm taking more now and will probably be taking more.

Thanks no one :P
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

I don't have any advice for you, but I wish you the best--and some relief! Did you ask your doctor what to expect, and if this will return?

Comment

Working...
      X