After 5 months, I've finally gotten approval for Aubagio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 5 months, I've finally gotten approval for Aubagio

A few days ago I had what I call a massive MS relapse and yesterday I got the steroids (pills) to help fix this.

And then today I find I have finally been approved for Aubagio after 5 long months of "fighting" with insurance, Aubagio people and dr. So now that it's approved I don't remember what I'm suppose to do next!

I did e-mail the local Aubagio rep and told him it was approved so hopefully he can take it from here.

I'm not thrilled to start on it but I keep hearing I have to be on something and I tried all the others; lastly Tecfidera which was a horror. So I hope this will be better, right?

Is it okay to being taking prednisone with Aubagio

I just started talking prednisone due to a bad MS flareup. It's 40 qty 20 mg pills. I should be starting Aubagio any day now. Is that safe? Can I take the two together?

Comment

I will pray that the Aubagio works out well for you. It has for me and I have been relapse free since I have been taking it.

I send lots of positive thought and wishes your way!

Comment

Thank you Loopey

That really helps. Thanks for sharing your good kind thoughts!

Comment

Boy am I upset with Aubagio

I finally got approval with my insurance - through 2016! And the aubagio people want a new Start Form and/or prescription. What in the heck! In the beginning the had said all the needed was a prescription and they would send out the medicine and work with the insurance company, etc to get the money worked out. Now here it is MY INSURANCE COMPANY HAS APPROVED IT AND THEY WON'T SEND THE MEDICINE!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
            I finally got approval with my insurance - through 2016! And the aubagio people want a new Start Form and/or prescription. What in the heck! In the beginning the had said all the needed was a prescription and they would send out the medicine and work with the insurance company, etc to get the money worked out. Now here it is MY INSURANCE COMPANY HAS APPROVED IT AND THEY WON'T SEND THE MEDICINE!!
            Sorry to hear this.

I've had no issues if you are referring to the Aubagio One-to-One program. They coordinated everything needed from my Nuero's office, the pharmacy special drug unit, and insurance to provide me the copay assistance.

Comment

I signed the One to One form on Monday 05/12/14 I stopped at my MS doc's office and signed forms while I was the hospital campus for my Ty infusion.

I got a call this morning from One to One confirming receipt of the rx and the forms I completed Monday, the 12th.

I was told processing will take 5-7 days, her experience is processing is usually sooner.

I will also be seeking financial assistance. My Aubagio coordinator? assured me that approval for financial assistance will take no more than another week.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the call today. We'll see how things work out.

Comment

thats great news. We certainly don't needed added stress. I'm guessing you don't have Medicare insurance though.

Comment

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
                  thats great news. We certainly don't needed added stress. I'm guessing you don't have Medicare insurance though.
                  I don't - it's thru my employer.

Comment

My insurance coverage is Medicare. I received an automated call from Express? Scripps on Saturday confirming receipt of my docs' rx, and confirmation of Medicare coverage approval. My out of out pocket is +$20k with Medicare, according to the One-to-One pharma coordinator.

Today I talked with one of the financial assistance foundations, preliminary approved for $6k through April
                    2015. That would be less than 2 months of my out of pocket cost based on Medicare coverage and out of pocket cost of $20k.

The One 2 One coordinator explained that the annual $6k may cover one year of assistance based on the convoluted Medicare coverage max out of pocket, including $310 deductible, then after I reach my Medicare max out of pocket, Medicare co-pays reduce to 2% of Rx cost.

I don't want to start a new med that I can't afford, that financial assistance will cover for less than 2 months. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

Comment

what if assistance runs out

I too was pre-approved for $6,000 to pay Aubagio for me. And the Aubagio people says when that runs out they can get other funds from other places. But my fear is - what if they can't; I don't have money to pay for Aubagio. And once Aubagio is sent out to me will they automatically charge me for it and keep charging me.

Still feeling horrible with this prednisone treatment. Can't remember if the initial problem was worse or what I'm experiencing now due to the steroids.

Comment

emily, $6k won't go very far with a monthly $2k+ out of pock co-pay. I was told the same thing about finding another co-pay funding source when the $6k is exhausted.

That's not a very conforting thought. I'd rather just not start Arbagio for 2 months only to exhaust the $6k grant, and find out other foundations have exhausted their available resourses for the year. I'm on Ty for +2yrs, but doc's practice is 'exiting' Ty as a treatment option for the entire practice. Going off Ty, I don't have the option of not being on a DMT with probability of 'rebound', which I've experienced when my doc's coordinator dropped the ball back when I started Ty.

I hope you recover soon from the prednisone side effects and from your initial exacerbation too.

Comment

Working...
                        X