Way to young for this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to young for this!!!

Hello I am only 35 and recently have a leakage issue ( I haven't not talked to MD about it yet have a apt Friday) But I have started peeing on myself a little but enough that sometimes I have to change clothes and it doesn't matter if I have just went to the rest room, I guess my question is , Is this urine retention or what ? My husband is a Physician
    Assistant but really do not want to talk about it with him in detail I guess.

Sorry no one responded to your post. Just noticed it today.

Not sure what to say. I used to have that problem; for me, it seemed to be related to excessive coughing which was triggered by a combination of acid reflux (GERD) and a chronic sinus infection. Both of those problems have been treated. GERD is not gone, but under control; and sinus infection was cured with surgery. I no longer, usually, have problems with leakage.

When I did, I finally gave in to resorting to Depends. Yeah. Too young for that. But, better that wet and smelly.

Hope you can find a solution.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by mommaof4 View Post
      Hello I am only 35 and recently have a leakage issue
      It really sucks but I realized I had some symptoms of MS going back to when I was in my early teens and had problems with stress incontinence, and bedwetting before that. So I think this could be one of the primary symptoms after you've had MS for a while.

I use Poise pads and just keep on moving — obviously it can be worse when you drink caffeinated beverages, or try to hydrate, which is annoying. Seeing the beverages go in and the pads go out in the garbage can really makes me laugh sometimes but sitting around wet is undignified and makes me feel much worse.

Besides, I want to go out and laugh with my friends and not have to worry — if it's a two-pad evening, I'm having a really good time LOL

Comment

"When I did, I finally gave in to resorting to Depends. Yeah. Too young for that. But, better that wet and smelly.""

I did exactly the same thing, all of my clothing was black or navy blue. It was the smell issue that finally got me to seek some advice in this area. I finally started to self cath under the advice of my urologist. That did not solve the problem totally, but it did help out.

Make an appointment with a urologist and see what they advise.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X