question about banding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about banding

Can MS make you have a banding of tingling and burning on you back where you bra line is, but wider?

Renee13, I'm not sure if your sx is related to the MS 'Hug' but I've had MS hug for a couple of years now. Based on other post I've read here, there does seem to be many variations as to how it presents for each of us.

MS Hug for me is a very thin 'banning' type of tightness around my torso. Mine is not painful, and does not cause tingling or burning, but does restrict deep breathing. Mine also come with some anxiety. It's a very uncomfortable sensation, although not a painful one for me.

According to my MS doc, mine is associated with a spinal cord lesion, probably C-spine, but the lesion does not appear on MRIs, but is dx'ed in my clinical exam.

Hope this helps you figure out what's going on with you too.

Comment

Oops, forgot to mention that I do have burning cold arms with intermitant paralysis that my MS doc confirmed is probably associated with the location of a C Spine lesions, the same one not visible on MRIs.

Take care

Comment

Originally posted by MSW1963 View Post
        Oops, forgot to mention that I do have burning cold arms with intermitant paralysis that my MS doc confirmed is probably associated with the location of a C Spine lesions, the same one not visible on MRIs.

Take care
        Not to sound stupid but when you say intermitant that means randomly through out day. What about at night??

Comment

When you say "banding"do you mean a line of burning, tingling numbness that goes all around your body at the braline? Is the area below numb/tingly all the way down to your feet or just around the braline and normal elsewhere?
          RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Originally posted by KateA2 View Post
            When you say "banding"do you mean a line of burning, tingling numbness that goes all around your body at the braline? Is the area below numb/tingly all the way down to your feet or just around the braline and normal elsewhere?
            (This has already passed/I no longer have the band) It did not go all the way around, it stop at both sides of my body (before getting to my breast). My legs became very stiff, manly my right. I have tingling in my hands and feet always. I'm left now with numbness and tingling in areas of my back that come and go, usually in my spine area. I did not have that before the band.

Comment

Good question because intermittently for me with respect to this C spine lesion and sx's, MS hug and arm pain with paralysis, means a couple of things.

Before my dx, the arm pain and paralysis was active intermittently for a 5yr period of time. Lots of different things brought on the sx; if while brushing my teeth, thooth paste got on my hands later in the day the pain would be unbearable. The mentholated tooth paste caused some over reaction of sensory stimulation is about the only way I can describe it. During winter months cold air and exposure to menthol made the arm sx's much worse. I did not figure this out over night.

I can no longer bike ride, supporting my body weight on the handle bars causes paralysis with pain in a matter of minutes.

Any activity or stimulation involving my arms can bring on the sx's; hand held weights, raising arms over my head while putting dishes away. The more passive the activity, the faster sx's resolve.

The very worst of the pain was at night, and some of the sx's took a day or more of repetative arm movements before the sx's would re-appear. The delay in sx's re-appearing added to the difficulty figuring all this out. My ms doc mentioned it's possibly related to body position for the night time onset of pain associated with it, and 'back wash'? of spinal fluid?, and the delay between activity and sx's seemed to make sence to him.

The MS hug showed up one day and didn't go away for a couple of years. It's recently become more intermittent, meaning there are moments during the day when it eases, but doesn't completely resolve. Hope this war and peace version helps you in some way.

Comment

Working...
              X