Does anyone feel like they're on fire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone feel like they're on fire ?

I feel like my skin is on fire but I'm cold to the touch . It's awful and nothing seems to stop it . My neuro raised my neurotan to a higher dose I hope it helps . Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

Yes, I have burning pain on my arm, hand, feet and legs. It comes and goes. I tried several different meds. but none helped so I stopped taking. I still take 1800mg. of neurontin.

How is your pin poking pain? Did you call the Dr.?

Hope you feel better soon.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

My paresthesia stays in the 'white noise' zone most of the time (most people say 'pins & needles,' but I think of it as more like cassette tape hiss), but sometimes it spikes up into 'burning' or, if it's cold, 'frostbite.' I also get the pin-jab type (pain/itch in pinpoint location), usually several times a day.

I take neurontin/gabapentin too, but at >=900 mg (my personal max) it only seems to help my RLS...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Oh my goodness, I get this sometimes as well. I will strip off most of my clothes and still feel like my ears, face and arms are on fire. They are cold to the touch. It is very weird.

Comment

I also get this sometimes.

Comment

I don't get that symptom but the bottoms of my feet burn.It just feels like I am standing with both feet in a frying pan...not even cold cloths help..

Rhonda
            Lounging in Limbo Land since 2003

Comment

Have a small area on back/base of my neck. My Gabapentin does help it.
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Yes, when I have my numb episodes the numb area always feels crazy hot, but cold to the touch....

Comment

Me too

Yep, the burnies have become my constant companion for the last five or so years. They were what started me down the road to neurologists. I've tried every medication typically used for this problem--Neurontin, Lyrics, Cymbalta, and many, many others, you name it. But none of it helps.

It is truly horrible to have and I'm so sorry that it's happening to you. It has stolen such a huge part of my life. I sincerely hope that one of these drugs gives you some relief. They do really seem to help a lot of people. Good luck.
                  PPMS
                  Dx 07/13

Comment

Burning feeling

I have had a numb right leg since Feb 2014. It started out as numb and odd sensations, now for the last 3 months, it is constant burning from my mid back and abdomen down my right leg- I take 1800 mg of Gabapentin a day. It doesn't seem to help. I am scheduled to go on Copaxone injections this week. Will that help with the burning at all? Or does it not treat symptoms.

Comment

Another person With A Burning Ring of Fire in Their Legs!

Yes, Geekie, I too have a burning/numbness in my legs, especially worse on the right side, with this "fire-cracker" sensation spreading down the leg into the front of my upper thigh, also making its way around to the back. It is at its worse, most nights, while I am standing, especially in the kitchen when I cooking dinner or folding the laundry. There is Pain And Numbness, for sure, which always seem to me to be at odds when I tell somebody about this, yet many people describe the very same feelings.

Of course this is classic nerve pain and from an MRI I have learned that I have herniated and bulging discs in my lumbar/sacral spine. There is also a fairly constant stabbing pain in my mid-back, yet, that is from a different cause. In late fall 2013, I started a series of epidural injections by my pain management doctor, which turned out to be not at all as scary as I thought it might be. Yet, I find the progress is slow and was told I waited way too long to begin treatment. Nevertheless, I believe over time this will help.

As for going on Copaxone, I have been on this injectable drug since Jan.2003, 19+ years and for me this has kept my M.S. at an even level and it seems to be working for me. Of course I am not a doctor, nor a Rocket Scientist but I do know that every patient is different; yet some encouraging news is that Copaxone has just now come out with a 40mg, pre-filled syringe that is only taken 3 times a week, as opposed to ever day, the way the 20mg syringe is.

I take 1200 daily of Gabapentin (400 3X daily), plus 100mg boosters if I am outdoors and have a spasm attack. Without my Gaby, I do believe I would been much worse off. Please continue with your doctor's protocol because it is the only way to custom make a treatment plan that addresses your body's needs. Of course other medications can be added, such as perhaps a sedative at nighttime, if your doctor deems it necessary for a more sound sleep, that can added to your protocol as he/she sees fit.

Never give up hope because there are options out there to try, that are new meds on the market and new uses for old meds being discovered and you must become a team with your neurologist and has staff. Good luck Geekie.

Comment

Are y'all talking about that burning sensation on the outside of your skin? I sometimes have that deep burning sensation in my head (feels like my brain is on fire)!!! Nothing helps. I mistakenly told a Rn practitioner and she asked if I believe in God and go to church??? Really????

Comment

Mommy motors ... really ... why oh why would they say suck a thing. Hopefully they said that because God is the great healer and physician. But it has nothing to do with going to church.

I find they have no compassion for you, jmo

I agree with MSsurvivor and Mark L ... Without gabapentin I would not be able to function let alone live semi-normal.

When I feel like Im on fire, i try and drink more cold water, seems to help some. Its not like what I used to call hot flashes, mine got much worse.

Neuro increased my neurontin and for now it is tolerable.
                          It may be weird but try stretching and yoga. It might be of some help.

I find that stretching, like we used to when we got out of bed as kids, helps if its only for a moment.

I am trying to change my diet, take my meds at the same time everyday, drink more water, decrease intake of pop of any kind (chiropractor thinks it is the sucralose (sp) in food and drink that is giving us problems with nerve issues.

I am giving it a one year trial. Diet change, more exercise, stretching and managing meds and less stress. Can't hurt.

Look at what is in your food, sucralose (sp) is a sweet tasting killer.

Hope you find relief soon! We are here for you!
                          God Bless
                          STR

Comment

YES!!!!
                            I call it the "burn-y" pain. I honestly feel like that what it feels like if you were to get set on fire before the nerves burn off. The ONLY think that even remotely helps me, it to cover my arms/legs (whichever is Burn-y) in ice or bags of snow (thank God I live in Canada, it is readily available 8 months of the year). It certainly doesn't fix it, but it seems to distract if nothing else. Best of luck!!
                            Diagnosed: June 25, 2014
                            Currently on Copaxone

Comment

Yeah, I am getting that now. Accompanied by numbness. its more hot with light touch it hurts. Its annoying! I was trying to figure out if it was actually MS related or not. I guess it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X