JAVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAVA

I can't log in to chat. I keep getting a msg. that my JAVA isn't enabled.

My Java works fine with any other sites and I have checked for any updates needed but it's all up to date.

Just curious as to what to do now. When I logged on to MS World today it (MS World) made me change my password .

Thanks,
    DMG

I had this problem too! I was told to email support and they couldn't help either.

A few months ago (I think) I figured out what needed to be done.

Let me know your browser and OS in case that makes a difference, I doubt it.

And yes, I did intend to post the simple fix on here... I don't remember so good. I will look up how I fixed this hopefully tomorrow ha! I do remember it is something very basic.
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

You might try a different browser, I know that has worked for some.

The chat software does require Java so we really can't get around that.

As far as your password, when you update it, be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and save your changes. I've done that myself. MS brain at work here sometimes!

Good luck and if you need further help, email technicalsupport@msworld.org

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is what solved it for me, I had this problem with FF, Chrome and IE when I was trying to identify the problem. I am on Win7 x64

You have Java but just general Java, you need to install from here

java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

The file will be named 'jxpiinstall'. Installed and I can now use the chat no prob.

Of course install at your own risk but its from Java so its not malware.
        Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
        Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

I enabled java yesterday and am unable to get into chat site, only can get to message boards today and yesterday.

I tried to get onto ms world thru google, and i was told java , not installed, when i checked, said java was installed.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Comment

I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling the Java.

You might want to try a different browser also. For some reason, some work and are more compatible than others.

Comment

Originally posted by KitOP View Post
              I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling the Java.

You might want to try a different browser also. For some reason, some work and are more compatible than others.

thank you kit, I will try that. past 2 days i get ms world not responding, so I will try right now, thank you again, Tasha

Comment

Working...
              X