frontal lobe lesions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frontal lobe lesions

Does anyone else have lesions on their frontal lobes? Does it affect some of your behavior and how do you deal with it?

I am taking depakote twice a day right now for the mood swings but just started it a week ago. Hopefully it will help. I realize adjustments will have to be made and maybe another medication tried.

I can deal with the physical limitations but I feel like I am going crazy with the mood swings and getting upset about silly things.

I have one new lesion in my frontal lobe, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my personality or mood. Frontal lobe lesions can also effect things other than that, such as planning, language, memory, etc. It depends on precisely where your lesion lies.

If you have the report telling you were the lesion is, you can google it to see what it "might" effect.

Comment

I have a huge lesion on my frontal lobe and I am not sure what effect it is having. It was the first lesion seen on MRI and it took another 10 years to dx MS so the one on my frontal lobe wasn't causing too much trouble. Now there are more lesions and many more symptoms.

Comment

That is when seizures started

Strange. Already had cog/fog issues but the "Absence" seizures are a weird thing to put up with.

Of course mine is huge but life goes on with MS. Might as well laugh & make others laugh too. LOL!!!

KK

Comment

I have frontal lobe lesions that resulted in a dx of
          Apraxia of Gait and Trunk/torso. Mine seems to be a degeneration in develepemental skills aquired in infancy, the mile stone skills like holding head up at 3 mos., sitting up at 6 mos., and walking in the first year+ of life, skills that relate to frontal lobe development.

I'm losing some of those skills, weak torso and 'stooped posture with shuffled gait' that is currently in remission. Apraxia of gait and trunk is due to the damage caused by frontal lobe lesions. As someone else mentioned, it does depend entirely on where in the frontal lobe the leasions are located. Not all frontal lobe damage results in GA, and I've had MS for a very long time.

I've also experienced problems with mood that coincided with the onset of my Apraxia dx. My 21yo daughter was experiencing anxiety, dx'd within a year of my apraxia dx. I think her anxiety and my MS mood/anxiety/Apraxia resulted in lots of 'in the moment' conflict in our relationship, although we were always both eager to forgive and engage in a very positive relationship even in the midst of a very difficult time.

I take Xanax for MS related anxiety. It's been somewhat helpful as anxiety effects my mood.

Mood disorder is no fun and I'm wishing you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemacr View Post
            Does anyone else have lesions on their frontal lobes? Does it affect some of your behavior and how do you deal with it?

I am taking depakote twice a day right now for the mood swings but just started it a week ago. Hopefully it will help. I realize adjustments will have to be made and maybe another medication tried.

I can deal with the physical limitations but I feel like I am going crazy with the mood swings and getting upset about silly things.
            yes i have frontal lobe lesions and i have alot of mood behavior changes my husband dont understand when i am having theses moods that i dont mean to be that way i just cant control them at times.

Comment

A couple of years ago, I went absolutely nuts. Couldn't sleep, couldn't be alone because of horrible thoughts and lost 40 pounds. It was the absolutely worst time in my life I have ever had. Doctors put me on tons of meds and I couldn't even function. After 2 months, they decided to do an MRI. Low and behold I had a big old lesion in my frontal lobe.

After IV steroids for 5 days and going on a very low dose antidepressant, I started getting back to my old self. I know how scary it can be and still have fear of going back there so I keep taking the low dose AD just in case it flares up again.

Best of luck and know it will get better.
              Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
              "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

Comment

does any one get alot of mental mood moments with their frontal lobe lesions?

Comment

My first lesion was a right frontal lobe lesion. I dont think I have had a huge personality change. I was diagnosed 24/06/14 so its all still very new.

I dont think my personality has changed but seem to be getting upset at silly things aswell. I get really upset when I forget things, my words dont come out right, brain fog is horrible.

Sometimes I find it hard explaining things and even take people the wrong way. I found it hard communicating with customers and processing orders in my little ebay store, I just had to close it down and that broke my heart. I make latex moulds and my store was running so well the best it has ever done

Since being diagnosed my depression has deepened. I now take 50mg of sertraline at night and it seem to work ok for me, I will go great for a few weeks then just burst out in tears, not really taking my dx very well. I do my best to remain positive but it can be hard especially when you feel like your brain is dying.

Take care and hope things improve for you xo

Comment

i take people the wrong way also and people take me the wrong way. i dont know how to explain things and when i do people think im being rude and i honestly dont feel like i am being rude.
                    So i know what your saying on that .

Comment

oh yea..

i have a nice size frontal lobe plaque, and that is the main cause for me going on tysabri now because the dr said have you noticed alot of mood swings, mental changes, less patience, more emotional?? I said what are you talking about?? lol umm yea i guess so. stuff that used to roll right over me i'm very reactive to now. Noises also bother me, it's like my brain goes into overload if there are too many noises, dogs barking tv on..i wanna shoot myself in the head..

yet i'm big on exercise, or was had to take a break for a while due to feeling like garbage..if you exercise it's been proven now that your brain produces more tissue and that's a good thing.

oh yea i also stutter, slur, cant' get my thoughts out of my mouth, will say sentences backwards lol.
                      Jen Dx'd 5/11
                      "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Blurting

Psychoneurological testing has revealed memory issues, multi-tasking issues and personality changes like "blurting." I blurt things out without realizing the statement might be considered inappropriate or confrontational. I'm usually aware after the words are out of my mouth and I can't stuff them back in. I have 6 lesions on my brain. An additional problem is a second neurological issue - RBD - which is non-ideopathic and triggered by the MS lesions.

Comment

Got an answer

Originally posted by littlemacr View Post

I made an appointment with a phychiatrist and was seen Monday. I can now add some more initials to my dxs, I have ADHD.

I started meds on Tuesday and things are better.

Thanks for your responses and sorry ittook so long to get back on here. (Couldn't remember user name or password, lol)

Comment

littlemacr, my second neuropsych evaluation indicated ADHD, although I did not have a pre- existing dx or sx for it pre MS.

My first neuropsychological evaluation confirmed why I was getting lost stores I visited frequently,and unable to find my way home from work with a dx of visual spatial deficits. If I remember correctly, both are related to frontal lobe damage.

Glad to hear you will start meds soon. Let us know about your response to meds and how successful your treatment is.

Best of luck and hope your treatment is effective.

Comment

doing a lot better

The meds are doing great!! I can actually think now, lol. I am able to do thing beside sit on my behind all day because everything seemed to overwhelm me to the point I didn't do anything.

The anger/frustration outbursts have stopped. I got upset the other day at something someone said that I knew was a lie. Instead of going off on this person I was actually able to think before my mouth opened and decided to just let it go, talk about a major accomplishment for me !! Lol.

Neuro/psych testing will be done the end of the month, so we will see what the results are.

Comment

Working...
                              X