Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weakness in arm only when having pain in my arm?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weakness in arm only when having pain in my arm?!

Hi guys

Since my Tysabri infusion I've been feeling terrible and my arm has been getting weaker since a week. The weirdest thing is however that it's also hurting! The pain is quite bearable but it literally feels like my bone is super cold. When the pain goes away, the weakness kind of goes away as well and my arm feels much better. When the pain comes back, the weakness comes back in full force. The weakness is really annoying though, typing has become quite the chore and eating is something I just do with my left arm now...

Has anyone every dealt with something like this? I have an appointment with my GP on Monday but maybe someone could give me an idea or suggestions in the meanwhile

Thanks!

Hi,

It sounds like you need to call, or see your neurologist. This is more of a neurological thing than a GP question.

However, if you have an astute GP, you may get the testing you need.

Good luck!
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

My GP was quite mad, he clearly saw something was wrong and also checked my Tysabri symptoms. He truly has no clue what's going on but he prescribed me some meds to reduce the swelling of my lymph nodes (had that after the infusion as well). He said that the Tysabri is clearly doing something bad but what?

When I call my neuro they usually say I have to go to my GP to get it checked out but my GP finds that annoying as he does not know everything Tysabri related and that should be more my neuro's job. Neuro should give me a call tomorrow, so hopefully I'll know more.

Comment

Just another update: I have not received 1 call this whole week and it makes me kind of mad. I can completely understand that they are busy folks but what if I had any PML symptoms? This is how fast they would give me a call when I'm having weird symptoms? It makes me kind of leave this hospital and search for another doctor that has time and the decency to call his patients when they are anxious or unsure about things. This is not how I should be treated and I will definitely let them know that next week with my infusion. I've truly had it!

Comment

Working...
        X