So sad to think about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad to think about

I was just diagnosed about a month ago and am still going through testing.
    About 5 or 6 years ago my daughter was marching in a band and passed out. For years it turned into a nightmare. She was bedridden with symptom upon symptom arising. They were all neurological symptoms. She was diagnosed with things such as POTS, Tourette's, Severe Gastric Delay, and numerous other things. She also presented with unknown lesions on her MRI.
    They never gave her a proper diagnosis and besides the "Tourette's like symptoms" she is in college and doing ok.
    I am so scared to think that she may have MS also.
    Does anyone have children with similar problems to your own??

no, but trying to offer help

I do not have a child in the situation that you have. I see mine being diagnosed later on in life. I see me as myself at his age. Not enough to have further testing beyond the MRI (no lesions or other issues thankfully) he had for other reasons.

if you have not figured out, MS is a livable disease, just like tourettes is. Especially if diagnosed and on medication to delay progression. Maybe, your child has MS instead of Tourettes.

This is a good conversation to have with your and they with their neurologist. And, if you are allowed and want to go with your child to that appointment.

I hope things go well with both of you.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Pfaz View Post
      I was just diagnosed about a month ago and am still going through testing.
      About 5 or 6 years ago my daughter was marching in a band and passed out. For years it turned into a nightmare. She was bedridden with symptom upon symptom arising. They were all neurological symptoms. She was diagnosed with things such as POTS, Tourette's, Severe Gastric Delay, and numerous other things. She also presented with unknown lesions on her MRI.
      They never gave her a proper diagnosis and besides the "Tourette's like symptoms" she is in college and doing ok.
      I am so scared to think that she may have MS also.
      Does anyone have children with similar problems to your own??
      Pfaz- if you can read my I other posts that I have made on here since mid Dec. 2013 - that's when one of my twin daughters (age 11) was diagnosed with CIS at high risk of developing MS. I am so afraid for her future but she is doing well now. She is not having any major issues and is on avonex. Neither I nor her dad have MS and I had her twin sister looked at too and she doesn't have it. I sure hope her taking avonex is helping her down the line.

Comment

Working...
      X