Magnesium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnesium

I have been reading that taking magnesium helps with the twitching and spacisity.

Currently I am taking Vit D3 5000iu, Folic, B12 by doctors orders. The Dr. did test my magnesium as said it was within range.

I would like to try some to see if it will help but need advice on dosage. I know some vitamins can harm if too much.

Please help. Thanks.

The RDA for females over 31 is 320mg from diet and supplements. My wife takes 250mg as a supplement and it seems to have helped. Magnesium citrate is absorbed far better than oxide so take citrate if you can.

You might consider taking a good multivitamin like “the big one” from Biotech. There are other good ones but I prefer capsules rather than tablets. The heat used to form the tabs may destroy some of the vitamin content.

Best!

Comment

If you are gonna try magnesium, I would make sure you start with a low dosage. How I figured out how magnesium works for me is I started at 250 mg for a couple of weeks and that wasn't helping me so I took two 250 mg and so on, until I found the right dosage for me.

I really think magnesium is a great tool for a couple sx but you might have to always regulate it.

It has helped me with my twitching.

Comment

I just take 250 mg a day.

Comment

Couldn't find anything but oxide in the stores. We bought a bag on Amazon and then got a capsule making press and made our own. Made spiraling and turmeric capsules as well.
          My leg does not jerk as much and the magnesium assists in D absorption
          1995-symptoms with no cause
          2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
          2000/1-started Avonex
          2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
          Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

To date I have been able to control my spasms with supplementing with magnesium. I also take 5,000 iu of D3, but find the D3 depletes the magnesium so I split up when I take my magnesium.

I take 150 mg of magnesium citrate along with my D3 in the morning. Usually I just take another 150 mg magnesium later at noon and I am good for the day. If at night my spasms start acting up I will take another 150 mg.

Dark green vegetables, bananas and sunflower seeds are high in magnesium so I make sure to include these in my daily diet.

Note that Magnesium Oxide is better used to aid with constipation so look for Magnesium Citrate for controlling spasms.

I hope that you will be able to find relief from your spasms and twitching by taking some magnesium.

Comment

Along with magnesium, Potassium Gluconate is also recommended to alleviate muscle spasms and cramps. 0ne 99mg pill with a full glass of water is the recommended dose. I take this and it really helps me. Haven't woken up in the middle of the night since I've been taking them.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X