Are strange muscle cramps spasticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are strange muscle cramps spasticity?

So for years now, I get strange cramps in my hands, fingers, feet, toes, along my rib cage, under my chin (that one hurts!!!!), along my back. For no reason, other than laughing, or reaching for something, it will set off a series of painful cramps where my muscles seize up.

When it happens in my feet (usually when I am in the pool walking on my toes), I will pull my foot in the other direction to loosen the cramping which is happening on the top of my foot, and then it will cramp in the direction I am pulling (under my foot) so no matter what I do, I cannot relieve the cramp.

All my blood tests say my vitamin and mineral levels are fine.

None of my doctors seem to pay much mind when I tell them this, but I have had to pull the car over to get the cramps to stop. It really hurts. Is this spasticity?

Yes...i believe it is spasms. I'm not a Dr. but would call it that. You could try vitamin magnesium. 250mg 2xper day. I to have spasms in my toes,legs, fingers, and other areas. I find it helps some....because when i don't take them my spasms/pain is worse

I too tested for vitamins.....but find i need it. My GI Dr. wants me to take it as well anyway. Check with your dr.

Take care.
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Working...
    X