Fatigue like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue like this?

I was wondering if anybody has experienced fatigue the same way that I am. I found that over the last several weeks I've been slowly getting more tired and then yesterday I had a complete crash where I could hardly talk I couldn't walk I couldn't move my hands anything like that I was just so exhausted. I went to bed and I stayed in bed as soon as I got home from work I didn't go to sleep just laying there was helpful. I thought just over eight hours and woke up feeling tired as I do you normally do when to work throughout the day. Good morning wasn't too bad same sort of energy I've been dealing with the last several week. as the afternoon came I started to get much much much more tired. Then I came home and relaxed a little bit and then I seem to have a little bit more increasing energy. I was wondering had this happen to anybody? Do you have days we are fatigue sort of ebbs and flows?

Bless Your Heart!

I know how you feel. I got up last Tuesday morning very early to use the restroom. I remember sitting on the commode only to end up in the floor. I don't know I ended up there. I was so exhausted that I couldn't move my head from side-to-side. I tried to knock on the wall or floor to get my husband's attention, but I didn't have strength to move my hand. I had to rest after awaking to get enough strength to yell for my husband. Yea, I know how you feel. I've been dealing with a dxd MS for 8 years--it seems to get harder and harder.
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

I also have extreme fatigue. At times, I feel like I am going to collapse even while lying down. Sometimes my head feels like it weighs 100 pounds. Fatigue really brings on symptoms for me fast and furious. I have been taking a lot of vitamins and just started a gluten free diet today. I am hoping it all helps.

Comment

I call it being "bone tired", tired so badly it's right through to my bones. With MS fatigue, there is no second wind if I just keep pushing on, just worse fatigue. Gotta stop and rest when MS dictates. Bummer.

Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Provigil has helped my fatigue, tremendously.

Comment

^^ Same. My body just shuts down at the CNS level. Not sleepy, just can't move.

Comment

Unfortunately, yes, fatigue affects me greatly. Not tired, necessarily, just can't move.

Comment

#1 problem for me

I have fatigue which seems worse now than it ever was. I've been diagnosed with MS for 20 yrs. now. I'm happy to be alive, but I wish I were not so tired all the time. I did feel better prior to taking DMD (Copaxone). Don't know it that has much to do with it.

Diane
                You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

My fatigue is similar, I get "bone tired", to tired to move, but not necessarily "sleepy tired". If I lay down to rest my body, I sometimes fall asleep. I tell my family it feels like someone hooked up a big vacuum and sucked out all my energy. It can hit me out of the blue or I can work up to it. Its just not fun!

Comment

was just there

Just went through that 1 week ago. When I awoke, I couldn't move and my whole body hurt to move. I stayed in bed for the whole day. Then I cleared my schedule and rested the next 2 days. Then for the following Mon - Friday I came home everday from work. Went nowhere else. Wanted to be home and rest more.
                    Finally feeling better yesterday.
                    This happens periodically and that is how I deal with it.
                    Inconvenient for sure.

Comment

I feel exactly how Amyrising stated. Sometimes it takes me two hours to shower, dry and fix my hair and I just collapse. I've had this off and on for 7 months and amantadine has done NOTHING!!!!

Sorry for all of us!
                      Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                      RRMS
                      Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I don't know if my fatigue is because I'm doing too much or just the MS. I get this terrible achiness in my leg muscles and just feel like my legs are going to give out. I fall asleep any time I sit down even for a minute.

Of course, at night I fall asleep the minute I lie down then wake up every 1-2 hours all night. The insomnia doesn't help the fatigue either. My insurance won't cover pro vigil or nuvigil despite my doctor putting in several appeals. I worry if I took it that the insomnia will worsen

MS is a vicious cycle. Anyone deal with the insomnia and MS fatigue?

Comment

I find Provigil works real well for my fatigue, at least so I can get through the work day.

It's not that I am sleepy, just tired. I won't fall asleep if I lay down, just rest. Then I might feel a little better enough to get up and eat dinner or do some small chore. Or I might not - just rest in bed until it is time to go to sleep.

Still, my fatigue is always there, worse at the end of the day, and cumulative over the work week so that by Friday night I am exhausted, and then spend most of Saturday in bed recovering.

If it weren't that I sometimes have good days and good weekends, I'd be really bummed - working all day then having to rest at night to recover from the day; then working all week and have to spend the weekend in bed recovering from work. Is that what our lives are supposed to be?

Comment

I had intermittent fatigue for several years. In the last 18 months, however, it has become significantly worse and it lasts longer. I'll get up raring to go, but by 1 pm I've had it and have to go lie down. Then I'll often sleep for 4-6 hours.

Feels like you've blown the whole day!

Comment

Fatigue also

I too am "bone tired" for weeks on end. I just had a glimpse as to what may account for some of it: blood results show my WBC (white blood count) is low. Results of medication for MS. I lay down, but rarely fall asleep, then sometimes I actually have some energy. It sucks not being able to do the slightest things, like once I fell on the floor and could not move, talk or anything , my hubby thought I tripped or something. No just my MS fatigue again.

Comment

Working...
                              X