Did anyone get the memo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone get the memo?

I certainly don't believe I got the memo but my husband told me about it yesterday morning...

I slept until mid-morning, and when I got up I saw a fresh glass of tea on the nightstand (tea is my morning starter until I can get to coffee). 'Nice of him' I thought, and headed on towards the kitchen. Paused long enough in my journey to coffee to let the dogs out, and then bee-lined to coffee. DH saw me and jumped up - he had already brewed the coffee, and before I could get my mug out he had it and my creamer at the pot, and proceeded to hand me a perfect cup of coffee. I didn't realize he even knew how I took it...

He told me that he had already let the dogs out and had fed up (even the cat). He told me to drink my coffee and that I had the option of him going to get me some breakfast or I could get dressed and go with him to run an errand and we would get breakfast while we were out. Bringing all my amazing mental prowess to the forefront, aided by two sips of coffee, I asked him "huh?"
    He informed me today was 'national Gina day', and that I should go ahead and get myself woke up.

I am here at the computer after midnight because of feet pain, but just sitting here remembering the lovely way my day was started I simply had to share it with somebody. I couldn't think of anyone who could appreciate this more than you guys. While none of this was diamond rings and such, it meant so much to me that he decided to take on the simple little tasks I do each morning and to 'save me a couple of spoons' (see spoon analogy on separate post) so that we could have a relaxing day together.

I wish everyone a national day

Gina

I really enjoyed reading your story Gina!

What a dear and wonderful husband! He is going to make a bunch of others look pretty bad!

I'm so glad that you had "National Gina Day". You are right, we don't need big fancy expensive gifts to make us feel appreciated. Sometimes it's the little and more appreciative things that mean the most and will put that smile on our faces.

Take Care and I think everyone that reads this would give both you and your husband big hugs!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! What a positive way to start your day, your hubby sounds like a "keeper". I LOLed at the part where you said he even fed the cat, my DH never had a pet, his Mom is terrified of cats.

Since living with me (12 years) he has learned to accept that I will always have at least 1 cat, we have 3 + 1 dog! He quickly learned cats = no mice and he gladly accepts them.

Hope you have more good days ahead!

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

This is why I haven't "settled" for any of the guys I've dated. He sounds wonderful!!!

Comment

What a sweetie he is! Thanks for sharing with us.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

So sweet!

Comment

What a lovely story.

Comment

Happy National Gina Day!!!!

Comment

Thanks all. And yeah I agree, my DH is worth keeping around. But lest anyone think he walks on water let me assure you that this rough diamond still needs a lot of polishing

It is somewhat ironic that he promised to 'take care' of me before we were married, but the reality of it has pretty much been the opposite. He is type 1 diabetic and has had too many low blood sugar episodes to count. I have had to become adept at interpreting his symptoms and deciding whether I can get his sugar levels back up or if I need to call EMTs for that. And like us (or me anyhow) he tends to not recognize when he needs help until it is too late.

Originally posted by ksrn19 View Post
                  This is why I haven't "settled" for any of the guys I've dated. He sounds wonderful!!!
                  Dont give up hope karn - I kissed a whole lot of frogs before I found my prince.

Comment

Definitely a keeper

Comment

I too will keep my dear spouse - through it all, many ups and downs, we belong together. Sweet story. I shall start a "National Hubby Day". I like the idea to celebrate each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X