Sitting up comfortably in bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting up comfortably in bed

Once again I am pillow shopping for comfortable back support while reading or watching tv in bed for 2-3 hours. At this moment i can count 10 pillows of the best quality after spending literally hundreds of dollars and I still haven't quite figured this out.

The best combination right now is a thin wedge pillow against headboard(keeps pillows from pressing through) and next a large square pillow, to even out support, then an oversized triangular pillow with a custom made cover to maintain its shape, with a tempur-pedic pillow behind my head. This is seriously the best I've come up with, and an occasional use of a self inflating lumbar pillow when I want a little extra. I am still shopping.

I even tried out a tempur-adjustable bed... horrible.

I just purchased another pillow system from Brookstone and thought, Maybe I should get some advice!

I'm up most of the day but when I need to relax mid afternoon and evenings I just cannot get comfortable. Am I the only one?
    Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
    Founded MSWorld in 1996

Husband pillow

I recommend a husband pillow in your pile. If you google it, you will see the style.

Comment

Thanks, these are very soft and low for back support. I've tried a few. I wish they did work for me, so simple!
      Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
      Founded MSWorld in 1996

Comment

Lazy Boy

My mom uses a lazy boy recliner for resting. not a bed, but an option perhaps?

Comment

Bed Rest

You may have tried this, but I've found them comfy; many people who read in bed find them helpful.

If you google 'read in bed' or 'bed rest' you usually will see what I'm trying to describe.

They are a bit like a chair without legs. The back is softish and slopes. There are arms to rest your arms on.

One I saw is called a 'bed lounger'. I hope this helps a bit. I've yet to find a pillow to work well enough to keep from slipping down. I use 4 soft pillows and the back of my bed is stanted back, so it's not like the straight, hard backed typical headboard.

Good luck.

DianeD
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
          X