Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this fatigue?

Hi,

to start with, I've been having an infection for a couple of weeks now and I know it may worsen MS symptoms.

But for a few days I've been feeling extremely tired, with no energy to do anything. I could stay in bed for the whole day, especially as my legs feel very weak and shaky.

Also, I feel light-headed and dizzy at times. I was sleeping 13 (!) hours last night - at about 8 pm yesterday I felt so weak and tired that I went straight to bed. And woke up today at 9am. And I'm still tired!

Any advice pls? Is this what MS fatigue looks like?
    But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
    Somehow I have to find.
    And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
    I will learn to survive.

Hi Alex94,
    I think you are definitely feeling 'fatigue' from MS. It is unrelenting. You should get your doctor to test your vitamin D and vitamin B-12 levels . And try to get them tonormal levels. Good luck

Comment

infections can bring out symptoms like fatigue.....are you taking antibiotics to clear the infection? Hopefully the extreme fatigue will go away when the infection does. Best of luck!!
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Apparently it is a viral infection, so antibiotics wouldn't help with that anyway.

I must say that after a day of doing nothing (apart from lying in bed) it's a bit better today. Well, at least it's manageable.

I will have a neuro appointment soon and then I will certainly ask about these tests, JerryD!

Thanks very much.
        But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
        Somehow I have to find.
        And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
        I will learn to survive.

Comment

Working...
        X