Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fighting the system

I would love Rich's thoughts on this.

How did 4 doctors I never saw influence the denial? My neuro and family doc. says I should be able to get on disability with no problem.

How and Who do I contact to fix this. I let go of the attorney that I had because he should have told me and been aware of the docs and mistakes before our hearing. Also the paperwork says I am 34, I am 48.

No one cares, no one I have spoken to knows how to fix it. It is just so wrong.

HOW DO I FIX IT WITHOUT WAITING 2 MORE YEARS?
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

I am so sorry and wish I had can answer. Some people have referenced advocacy groups before, rather than a lawyer. Also, what about your state rep to see if they can get "process" related answers for you, as to who to contact?

I have heard that under 50 is harder, as they feel you are a better candidate for VOC rehab. So getting your age corrected is important.

I wish I had a better response and hope Rich comes along soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi, mercadies25 and pennstater. Mercadies, did you contact another attorney to review what happened and to possibly represent you in an appeal? There is normally 60 days to appeal from an unfavorable ALJ decision, but you should read the denial notice carefully.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X