Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary visual blurring

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could help me with this one.
    Yesterday, I wasn't feeling particularly great, either down to a virus or the fact that I had had a contraceptive implant removed from my arm and a mirena coil put in the previous day. Anyhow, yesterday I was having hot and cold episodes, nauseous etc. this badly affected my areas of neuropathy and I had several other symptoms. One of them I am most confused by is an episode of blurring in my right eye, together with eye pain when I moved it. It lasted for about an hour or so then lifted. Today my eye is still painful to move, as the pain never left even though the vision went back to normal. Is this related, is it normal, does it sound familiar to anyone?

Many thanks

Sam x

Hi Sam: Have you had ON in that eye before? If so, the heat may have just induced the symptoms. If you have never had ON, then it is doubtful that it is anything of importance. However, if it is still occurring then you may want to go see your ophthalmologist.

Usually symptoms of ON last >24 hours and are continuous.

Good luck and let us know what your ophthalmologist says, OK?

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Sam, I experienced multiple expisodes of ON during a period of 5yrs of active sx's, before my MS dx. ON for me lasted aprox. 5-7 days with central blindness and bruising type pain when moving my eye, or when applying preasure to my eye lids. I have only a 'pale optic nerve' after so many episodes, lucky me to have minimal Optic Nerve damage.

It's best to see your ophthalmologist or Neuro ophthalmologist to rule ON in or out. ON may not always follow a patern of pro-longed vision impairment, and because the pain persists, I wouldn't take that kind of risk.

Hope it's not ON and best of luck.

Comment

Working...
      X