Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW ....W/FIBRO....but who had shingles??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW ....W/FIBRO....but who had shingles??!

RECENTLY I TALKED THE NMS SOCIETY AND ASKED IF ANY LINK WITH HAVING HAD SHINGLES AND GETTING MS.

THE LADY GAVE ME SITE ON PUBMED TO LOOK AT A TYWAIN POPULATION STUDY. IT SAID THAT IN THAT STUDY OF PEOPLE IF YOU HAD SHINGLES YOU WERE 3X MORE LIKELY TO GET MS WITH IN A YEAR.

I FORGET HOW TO CLIP THE INFO HERE, MAYBE A WISER PERSON COULD HELP ME WITH THE LINK UP FOR YOU TO READ.

I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU HAD SHINGLES BF MS DIADNOSIS.....
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

shingles and ms

Originally posted by lavenderteawithme_33 View Post
    RECENTLY I TALKED THE NMS SOCIETY AND ASKED IF ANY LINK WITH HAVING HAD SHINGLES AND GETTING MS.

THE LADY GAVE ME SITE ON PUBMED TO LOOK AT A TYWAIN POPULATION STUDY. IT SAID THAT IN THAT STUDY OF PEOPLE IF YOU HAD SHINGLES YOU WERE 3X MORE LIKELY TO GET MS WITH IN A YEAR.

I FORGET HOW TO CLIP THE INFO HERE, MAYBE A WISER PERSON COULD HELP ME WITH THE LINK UP FOR YOU TO READ.

I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU HAD SHINGLES BF MS DIADNOSIS.....

I don't know if this ???? Is in the right spot. Sorry if not. Just thought I would ask.
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

I have had the shingles twice since my diagnosis.

Having an auto-immune disease increase's one's chances of getting shingles, according to the docs that treated me and what they learned from the center of disease control.

They were so busy looking for other reasons, like HIV, and finally told me, that MS is definitely increase's the chance of getting Shingles.

The vaccine reduce's symptoms and pain, I had the vaccine about 2 years before my dx or the shingles.fed

Comment

shingles and mss

Hi Fed..
        First very sorry to have read about your loss of you friend .

Goodness you had shingles twice...YIKES !!!

I Had it once and that was ENOUGH!

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT AND TAKING TIME TO RESPOND.
        Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Shingles, M.S.& Fibro

I have had shingles twice since M.S. Dx after shingles fibromyalgia.

Comment

I have had shingles several times. Both before and after diagnosis.

Fibro, MS, Osteopenia, Deg. Disc, etc, etc,

Comment

I have had shingles twice since M.S. and Fibro diagnosis. I am just getting over the second time. This time they were in my mouth and gums, there just does not seem to be any let up of new tortures these days.
              PEACE

Tortis

Comment

Been fighting shingles since Oct. Have had MS for a lot of years, almost 40. First time with shingles. Still have the pain and sensitive skin.. Have to be careful what I wear. Doc said could have been worse. Lyrica kept it bearable with pain meds only once in awhile.
                SgrammieD

Comment

Working...
                X