Something Uplifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Uplifting?

I'm depressed and am looking for something uplifting to read. Any suggestions? I have a Kindle so an ebook is what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys.
    Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Originally posted by Angelea View Post
    I'm depressed and am looking for something uplifting to read. Any suggestions? I have a Kindle so an ebook is what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys.
    Hi Angelea,

I'm heading out and don't have a lot of time to "think" about uplifting books. But what quickly comes to mind are the Chicken Soup for the Soul books -- the stories usually make me smile. Also Guide Posts -- there are some pretty inspiring and uplifting stories in them. But Chicken Soup is great -- there are many out now....Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul, Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul, etc, etc.

I hope you're able to get a good laugh and others can give you some ideas.

Take care and hope you're feeling lighter soon,

Bree

Comment

Bree, that's brilliant! I used to read those books and I love them, really make you smile. Thanks for the tip/reminder :-)
      Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Comment

Google "books that make you laugh out loud" and Amazon has a top ten list.

I was reading excerpts from Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern -- OMG - Funny! Because Mr. Halpern Sr. had the gift of being able to "swear with great expertise" perhaps this book isn't for everyone, but some of the quotes a reviewer posted gave me a laugh:

ON MY BLOODY NOSE
        What happened? Did somebody punch you in the face?!... The what? The air is dry? Do me a favor and tell people you got punched in the face.

ON THE MEDICINAL EFFECT OF BACON
        You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon.

ON BEING ONE WITH THE WILDERNESS
        I'm not sure you can call that roughing it son... Well, for one, there was a (EXPLETIVE) minivan parked forty feet from your sleeping bags.

I think I may order this one...

Bree

Comment

Working...
        X