Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MitoQ

Is anyone trying/taking this?
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

I know some people who are a month and a month and a half into taking it. Early reports have been good - some increased strength and mobility, less spasticity.

But even these individuals are hesitant to cry out 'miracle' until several more months have passed.

Comment

I have been using the MitoQ now for a little over 2 months. It is difficult to say if it's "working" because of the sodding nature of this disease and its variability. Some days I think yes, and others not at all...so jury's still out.

I will make a one year comittment to this and then decide. Anyway the makers of MitoQ say that the beneficial efffects are cumulative so it takes time for any real changes/benefits to take place. We'll see...
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Best of luck to you. Would you mind posting bi-monthly updates? Would be much appreciated

Comment

I too am interested in learning more about this supplement. Choco, any updates? Anyone else have any experience with this to share?

Thanks!
          Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

I will be ordering a three month supply today. I will keep you informed on how it works for me.

Hope it works.

Comment

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, just now checked this thread. I have been taking MitoQ for a year now and can't say I notice any HUGE difference but at least I appear to have stabalized. One major relapse back in May but that was a direct result of an infection, not something MitoQ could prevent.

I will carry on with this because it makes sense and I think it is one of the few non pharmas out there which is directly related to helping with MS.

Comment

Choco, how many of the pills do you take a day. It would be helpful to know. Thank you.

Pkar2

Comment

I started taking mitoq a couple of months ago. Have not notice any difference yet, of course the heat and humidty don't help at all. I will say my psoriasis seems to have disappeared a little whether it's the mitoq or not I don't know.

I just ordered another 3 month supply. So I'll be taking for at least 3 more months

pkar2 the bottle says to take two capsules each morning.
                  they are 5mg each

Comment

Thank you, 90stangg.

I do take two a day and have been for the last four months. I have not noticed any difference and I am now in a relaps. My whole right side is not functioning. Never had my right arm go out, but it has been for a week now.

So, I don't think I will order any more. Hope they work for the rest of you.

Pkar2

Comment

Pkar2, again apologies for the lateness in reply. I keep forgetting to check back to this room.

I have a bit of an update. First to your question, I take 2 MitoQ every morning, I believe that is the recommended dosage. My understanding of this is that it will not have any immediate effect as any 'success' if that is the right word is based on a cumulative function. Meaning it needs to gradually build up your body over time for any noticeable effects to take place. I can safely say that MitoQ has helped to stabilise me along with two other supplements.

Which leads me to the update. I take a number of supplements, three of which are directly related nerve function. One is lions mane and the other is Amyloban. I have been taking these for about a year now and I really did not think they were making any difference. Then about a month ago I ran out and thinking I would save myself some money, as they are not exactly cheap, I let it go and didn't get any more. Sure enough after about three days my symptoms started coming back with a vengeance. I recall having decided to do this once before and the same exact thing happened, namely my ataxia (balance) and stiffness/spasticity got worst. So I really do believe that these are helping.

As I am not on any DMDs or any pharmas for that matter, I can safely say that these three supplements, namely MitoQ, lions mane and Amyloban have helped to stabilise if not improve my condition.

The other supplements I take are Vitimin D (10,000iu a day), B complex and Acetyl L-carnitine, which works in conjunction with the Amyloban and lions mane.

I really think that to determine whether a supplement is working and offers any noticeable improvement you need to take it for a least a year. The thing about these three supplements in particular is that they are all related to improving nerve function, ie NGF (nerve growth factor) or such.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, Choco.

It was very helpful. I am still taking the MitoQ since I had bought another three months worth. It was the last relapse I had that made me wonder if it was helping. I am just starting to get somewhat better now. I have been using an electronic muscle machine that has helped me so much. I will never stop using it. It made me realize how much I was not using my muscles and yet I thought I was.

I am not on any DMDs either. I am definitely going to look into those other pills you are taking. Sounds interesting.

Thank you again, Choco

Pkar2

Comment

You're most welcome Pkar2. Can I ask about this electronic muscle machine that you use? I used to go on the PowerPlate/Vibro Gym every day until I had a major relapse and that put an and to that as I was no longer able to get on and off the damn thing lol

Comment

Hi, Choco.

I will be happy to tell you about the muscle machine. If you will look under the "Wellness room forum" I have posted some information on the machine under "thought I would share".

I go into detail there. If you go on the internet and put, "Electronic massage system " they will come up.

It is a small machine that I am able to hook up and watch TV if I want. I just can't believe the difference it has made.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Choco, I should have added this on my last post to make it easier for you to know more about this machine.

https://ifess.org/sites/default/files/ALS.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X