ssdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ssdi

Had my alj hearing in jan. after 16 months, I got a partial approval for ssdi. The alj approved me back to july of 2013, then the 5 month waiting period. i will get paid starting next month. NO BACKPAY AT ALL. I went blind in my right eye 2 years and 9 months ago and started losing feeling in hands and feet shortly after that. Alj DECIDED I wasnt disabled until july of 2013. Ive lost my house, car, job and anything else of value. And on top of this I wont even get medicare for 2 years. How I love the EMPATHY in social security.

It's an uphill battle with quicksand all over the place. I truly feel they try to screw you all the way. No one is going to become a millionaire on disability.

I just wonder how people with just a bad back, I know sometimes that is horrible, can get approved.

Sorry you had to lose everything for them to throw pennies at you. If not for my husband and kids I'd be in your same shoes.

Good Luck!!
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Appeal rights

Hello, bill h and mercadies25. Thank you for your posts. Several things come to mind as I read this. I get your upset and anger and disgust, bill h. I cannot comment on whether or not I agree with the ALJ's decision, bill h, of course, because I do not know what happened in your case - I don't have the facts.

I am glad that you were able to get on benefits. I know that you have the right to appeal the decision, however, there certainly are risks involved in that. You should talk to your attorney, if you were represented, regarding your options.

If you were not represented, I recommend that you consult with an attorney to learn about your appeal rights, if you think the decision was wrong.

In either event, I wish you all the best.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Working...
      X