Just doesn't seem right!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just doesn't seem right!

When my kids were babies, all I wanted to do was be able to get some sleep. Now, I sleep, and sleep, and sleep, and all I want to do is be able to keep up and be with my kids.

I am sooo tired all the time! The weirdest part is that before I ever had any symptoms, I would never really sleep very well but would still find the energy to attempt to be supermom/wife. Since having symptoms piling up, I find myself sleeping a really deep, good sleep every time I sleep whether it's 30 minutes, 2 hours, or 8 hours but I am still so tired and have to force myself to get going and keep going or else I would just sleep all day.

Reading some of the posts from other threads it seems that some of you here feel the same way, but many of you say that it is not a sleepy tiredness/fatigue. I know mine is not related to depression at all, but I do wonder if it is maybe the constant gloomy and cold weather lately taking affect. Then there are those good sunny days when I get excited about doing things but it's like my body can't physically keep up. So please feel free to share any experiences and/or solutions.
    Thank you!

If I am not mistaken, there are quite a few MSers who have been shown to have other causes for fatigue beyond MS. Various sleep disorders are common, so you may think you are getting enough sleep when you really aren't, that sort of thing. It's worth a call to your neuro. Some of the meds we take can also cause fatigue; there are many possibilities.

I've known people (without MS) who have acquired lamps that give a full range of light that helps them with seasonal affective disorder. You said you are still sleepy, so that may not be it, but maybe every little bit can help?

Don't get me wrong, MS fatigue is very real, and it too is treatable to an extent. I'm not saying you don't have it, I'm just throwing out other possibilities. I hope you get good answers here, and good advice from your doctor, as well.

Comment

Mrs, have you tried light therapy? It seems what you are describing might be related to S.A.D.

Comment

I don't know if you are on disability, but that is my main symptom. If you have symptoms (that, or other) that docs expect to last over a year, that keep you from effectively doing your job, it might be worth looking into.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X