Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from first time infusionland

And i feel JUST FIIIIIINE

Everything was nice. The nurse was super nice and even social. There was wifi and no sites blocked at all. I watched last nights episode of TWD on a stream (legal in the sites country). There was a big screen TV with netflix and snacks and drinks everywhere.

The nurse said the job is to do the infusion and make everything as comfy as possible
    Watched some of Sharknado until it was time to go.

Not bad! And Ty is my first and only MS med.
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Great news!

Comment

Yea! It was not so bad was it? Glad everything went well for you. Let the healing begin!
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I feel side effect free. I do have a bit of fatigue that's still here. But its not as bad as when I dealt with it for a few weeks in January, this ones just annoying. Just feel it but I don't feel like I have to sleep.

And I my left elbow hurt a bit when I leaned on it on my desk. I thought I must have bruised it somehow. But just a few hours ago I touched the back of my elbow and ya, now that hurts. Where the needle was, go figure.

Also, I know its not the med but two problems I'd been dealing with for weeks I just tried to fix and first try I did! Both were computer/tech based problems. The fixes were so simple I feel silly that they were even problems for me.
        I believe that since I'm finally on a med and the ball is really rolling on a lot of things now it must have been anxiety that kept me from thinking clearly... Or maybe thinking in general haha
        And for the first time in a few months I didn't wake up a few hours after falling asleep with my pillow and sheets drenched in sweat.

Its only day 2 but maybe the anxiety caused the nightmares I've been having, mostly MS related ones.
        And not 'bad dreams' guys. Real terrifying nightmares.
        One I still vividly remember: I woke up from a nightmare and felt it was real so I called for help but couldn't make any noise so I crawled out of the couch I was sleeping on for some reason and was face down on the floor frantic... Then I woke up.
        Yes, I actually had a nightmare about having a nightmare and woke up to it but didn't then I for real woke up. Took me a few minutes to even want to open my eyes and look around to believe it was real. I'd just been tricked.

Can you tell I've been having lots of nightmares? Haha

Sweet!
        Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
        Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Chowda

You are a treat! I have two young men just a little older than you. You remind me of one of them.

I love reading your posts!
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I had many episodes of 'sleep paralysis' early in my MS, before dx. It sounds similar to how you describe your
            'nightmare' episodes. I was not treated for it because by the time I was dx'ed with MS, it resolved.

It's not exclusive to MS, can even happen to shift workers with irregular sleep, but can also be associated with neuro disorders. Hope your nightmares clear up soon, but if not, you may want to do a search and mention it to your MS doc. A sleep study may be in your future if the sx's continue.

Congrats on getting the first infusion without side effects. My first 3mos were dreadful, but have impressive improvements since then.

Comment

It is interesting to me to read all the things that correlate with MS later in life that I experienced. One was migraines as a small child that ended in fits of vomiting. I also had sleep paralysis and false awakenings. These were really bad but resolved with tips from the Internet and keeping a fixed schedule. Maybe the die was really cast, eh? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Chowda View Post
                And i feel JUST FIIIIIINE

Everything was nice. The nurse was super nice and even social. There was wifi and no sites blocked at all. I watched last nights episode of TWD on a stream (legal in the sites country). There was a big screen TV with netflix and snacks and drinks everywhere.

The nurse said the job is to do the infusion and make everything as comfy as possible
                Watched some of Sharknado until it was time to go.

Not bad! And Ty is my first and only MS med.
                Glad it was a good experience I hope you do great
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X