Tysabri and surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and surgery

My neuro assured me I was able to have surgery whilst being on Tysabri but I see many posts here where people went off of it before and after surgery so I am confused.

I want a tummy tuck because I injected copaxone in my stomach for over 12 years and it looks hideous, plus i have 3 csection scars. I can't live live this and my neuro knows I want the surgery, so now I think he was either lying or doesn't understand tysabri.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Anybody? Was it the fact I mentioned cosmetic surgery? We are allowed to live like everyone else and not be MS 24/7. I am just hesitant to be on Ty whilst having surgery because of feat of interaction or infection.
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Hi Katje,

I think you can trust your neuro on this. I have a surgery coming up and have not been told to discontinue Tysabri. It has intentionally been scheduled for the week following my infusion. Honestly, my biggest concern is recovery and whether or not another flare will follow it. (Been down that road before, on a different DMT ). If that happens & I am treated with steroids, the next infusion will be delayed to keep me from potentially developing an infection. From what I understand, steroids are a bigger concern before a surgery than Tysabri.

Hope all goes well and you love your new tummy! I hope you'll let us know what you decide.

Best of luck ,
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
      X