Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps and MS

Today I had the privilege of going to the doc with my neighbor. We were discussing leg cramps and restless leg syndrome. She brought up Quinine and leg cramps

I have mentioned that before, except, Quinine is extremely difficult to acquire. It went from OTC to prescription and now for malaria, only.

This bright young promising MD gave us the interesting history of Quinine and then said, "Buy tonic water, it has Quinine and try that. See if that makes a difference.

So we went to Wally world on the way home and purchased diet tonic and regular tonic, to compare and try it for effectiveness.

I looked for previous threads discussing this and...me bad? couldn't find it.
    Hope this might help someone. fed

Hi Fed - if you do an advanced search, use the word quinine in the keyword search and you will find mention of this in quite a few threads. I had never heard of this and will try it next time I have those nasty leg and foot cramps!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

ATTENTION TO FED UP ME TOO WITH RESTLESS LEGS

Dear FED UP...
      So did the quinine HELP YOU? I wasn't sure if you were
      saying that or not. (OR actually TONIC WATER)
      Was it worth it?
      I tell you the truth, what bothers ME MORE than all my other MS SYMPTOMS is this STUPID RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME.
      I've had it for years. Currently I'm on Myrapex but I'm ready to try something different. I sometimes KICK for 2-3 hours. I usually lay on the couch and kick every evening- it's NOT at bedtime. It used to be 8-9 pm but now it starts at 5:00pm. I do art to create plus it helps with pain but now
      when I start kicking in the mid-day just sitting there painting and actually enjoying something and IT starts I'M
      FED UP AND MAD!!!
      Last time I was at my Neurologist I happened to tell him
      I take as needed and he said, it's really NOT supposed be that way to just take it at night. But for me for instance, if my husband & I are going out for dinner, etc. I will take a HALF a pill before and sometimes (don't want to be sleepy)
      it helps a bit instead of KICKING UNDER THE TABLE OR IN THE CAR HOME...I HATE RLS!!! pam

Comment

Working...
      X