I want to be a normal 20yr old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to be a normal 20yr old girl

So. I'm in college I have been single since I was diagnosed and will be 21 in 106 days yes I'm excited!!! But I feel so caged MS is like a rash it heal for a while and come back the heal and come back. MS made me leave the university I was attending to be in and out of hospitals. How fun. I want to be normal. SOOOO BAD live in a dorm, date and not worry about spazticity and PAIN. How do get through this one

hello Diamond in the Rough

Welcome...what are you studying? Gosh to be 20 again ..I suggest you take it 'one day at a time'...remember everyone you meet is 'battling something', with that said if you want to compare...you win!

Live your life as usual and just deal with a 'flare' as it happens..enjoy yourself..date, dance, and have fun!

Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Been there

Hello there!

I have had MS since I was 15, i'm 25 now. MS sucks but it doesn't have to ruin your life. My MS was pretty aggressive for a while, but I haven't (for the most part) let it get in the way of things.

I started on Tysabri my second year of college and that has helped ALOT. I got married, finished college, ran a 5k, now work two jobs and am trying for a baby.

Does MS get in the way? YES. But it doesn't make things impossible. And everytime I am able to accomplish something I just tell myself "IN YOUR FACE MS!"

Comment

I have read this multiple times and keep wanting to reply. Unfortunately, I don't have a magic wand to wave and make it all go away. I cannot even stop my own hardships much less remedy yours. What I can say is that I am truly sorry and wish you the best. I am by no means a "sap," but when young people get MS it really moves me.

What I can tell you is that a cure is more likely in your lifespan than in mine. There is a lot of MS research going on and at minimum stem cell should be available to you in the not too distant future. I would love to think that damage will be reversed, but we just don't know. That means continue to exercise your mind & body and fight the good fight against MS. I have a wonderful life, but MS certainly does interfere now and again (or daily). Keep counting your blessings, find people that are positive influences and enjoy life to the full. I wish you well and hope you will continue to check-in and let us know how you are doing.

Comment

I know exactly what your feeling right now - and am aware how annoying it is when people say that.
          I am about to hit my 23 birthday and have begun the worst school semester I've ever had. After nearly 5 months of on and off attacks, the past 2 1/2 months of which have been weekly, sometimes daily.
          I've had to drop over half my classes, and now am facing the likely indefinite extension of graduation, something that was supposed to be an easy swing this spring.

I go to work, I attempt school, and I sleep (sometimes a manage a walk to). I don't see my friends, don't party, don't go to movies.
          The thing is, there will be good times too. I've had them before, and its knowing that their coming, and there will be times of living as well, that keeps you going. Even if sometimes you have to curl up and cry occasionally.

Comment

I am with

Marco on this one, when I hear some of the younger peoples stories it breaks my heart. Truly, you poor kids.

None-the-less, life is still beautiful. God bless you. I will pray each and everyday for you.

Peace little MS sister-

Comment

Life is still beautiful, Live your life as usual. You just have to enjoy it. Do whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Working...
              X