Kiss my Butt MS party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiss my Butt MS party

One year ago I was hospitalized with suspected stroke or a brain tumor. MRI instead showed my symptoms where from MS and I was having a serious relapse. In the months that followed as I slowly began to recover I often wondered how I would be in a year.

A year later I am doing so much better, my husband and closest friends threw me a surprise party to celebrate. My good friend made me a voodoo MS doll to stick when MS is getting the best of me. It was so funny and thoughtful.

When I left the hospital one year ago I asked my doctor if I should cancel some upcoming family vacations I had planned. He said I had two choices. I could sit at home and feel sorry for myself or I could get up everyday and do what I could that day. I have chosen to get up and do what I can everyday. Some days that's a lot and somedays it's not much at all.

I am still at the beginning of my MS journey but I have such an appreciate for my life and what I can do today because I know tomorrow could be a different story.

What a wonderful story....and what a wonderful husband and friends!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

YA

Good for you. Inspiration for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by MSwhileOverseas View Post
        I could sit at home and feel sorry for myself or I could get up everyday and do what I could that day. I have chosen to get up and do what I can everyday.
        This is the attitude all MS patients need to adopt.
        Luckily I knew a co-worker that had this attitude when I was diagnosed.
        A couple years later a co-worker was diagnosed and she was in the other category.
        I saw her go downhill extremely quick.
        The other was always cheerful no matter how bad it got.

Attitude is paramount! I am so glad you made this statement and I hope everyone takes it to heart!!!!
        1995-symptoms with no cause
        2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
        2000/1-started Avonex
        2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
        Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

Thanks for sharing, you are inspiring.

Comment

Strange...at the hospital, they thought you had had a stroke? Anyway, so glad you are feeling better. Great choice, BTW. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            X