What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

For the last week and a bit whenever I try to focus on something my vision rapidly twitches for like less than half a second.

I've been in remission for the same amount of time. And yes I have OC and double vision.

My neuro described my MS as 'advanced and aggressive' so my remission is just symptoms not as bad and from my experience on this forum its easier to just say I've got all the symptoms.

I have heard of nystagmus but is it a few little blips per day?
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Having had nystagmus for a long time, I can say that it feels mostly like nothing. I really don't notice it, other people do. I don't even see it in the mirror. It will occasionally give me dizziness like when I am reading, or trying to drive. What you may be feeling are twitches in your eye. They are not uncommon in MS. A quick trip to your eye doctor will clear it up for you.

Take care

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I have had nystagmus for years and definitely notice it. Everything moves in a continuous loop up and down. It's very disorienting! Sometimes it's worse than other times.

Sometimes I don't have it bad at all and only notice it when look to the left or right, but it is almost always there. I also get eyelid movement sometimes, which could be the little blips you're referring to. Hope you get answers.
      Michelle

Comment

Working...
      X